Original topic:

RCS for Google Messages on T-Mobile

(Topic created: 09-02-2022 02:38 PM)
JawshDarnit
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Hey y'all

I have noticed that there's def an issue going on with RCS functionality on beta than Android 12. Has this been addressed yet or on the books to look at? I only experience the "connecting..." issue when I'm using the beta. Tried everything including trial testing on another device. Hopefully gets fixed in newer update. Using Samsung Messages in the interim. 
6 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
They say turning the sim off/on helps, I've not had to do anything like that and mine works fine
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Go on settings /search for sim manager it'll show up click on that then disable your sim using the toggle.
Turn it back on go to recent apps and kill Google messages..
Open it and check if it finally connected.
I have the same issue and some others have it too. I'm also on Tmo
I finally got tired of it and switched back to Samsung messages.
Cause it keeps doing it from time to time.
JawshDarnit
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I know how to fix it by toggling the Sim. I just wanted to know if others have experienced the same and if I'm not crazy lol.
0 Likes
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Well just in case.. How would I know if you knew?... Maybe they will fix the issue on the next beta.. Honestly I don't see much difference now using Samsung messages.
0 Likes
ricketkm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Only thing I like about Google messages is iphone reactions and we are able to react to messages
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
This is a known issue and user feedback is being analyzed.  We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes