JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Quick Settings on "stable" OneUI 6 don't fit on the S23

(Topic created: 11-01-2023 07:15 AM)
pantato
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

This is likely not happening on the S23 Plus or the Ultra owing to their bigger screen but the whole OneUI6 experience on on the S23 is pretty jarring.

Every time I swipe down to expand the quick settings:

• It doesn't fit my screen
  • It presents me with a scroll just to get to the complete bottom
  • You can't swipe it back up because doing that up makes it scroll down
  • Once it's all the way scrolled down, then only you can swipe the settings panel back up, adding an extra step to a seemingly simple task.

Screenshot_20231101_165529_One UI Home.jpg

Additionally, there is no way even with goodlock to reduce the icon sizes or the grid to somehow make this fit on the screen.

From bad animations, to a completely broken secure folder it has been a trainwreck of a major update. Really disappointed with Samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
pantato
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Okay, I can temporarily get around this by Disabling it from my Multi Sim Settings in the Quick Settings Edit, I don't use it too often for it to be a bother but, I wish Samsung had thoroughly tested this out.Screenshot_20231101_200119_One UI Home.jpg

View solution in context

11 Replies
GregCapps
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It's possible something got corrupted during the update. I'd try booting to recovery and wiping cache.
pantato
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Tired this but no luck 😕

GregCapps
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Also it looks like you have a extra section in the pulldown. What's that between quick settings and the brightness control bar??
binary100100
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Exactly what I thought. I've never seen that. Definitely third party. Can't blame Samsung for that. Was it messed up like that in the previous version?
pantato
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

That's the multi SIM settings, it was there in OneUI 5 as well and was ON by default if you have more than one SIM in the phone.

0 Likes
Options
Discussions
You definitely have an extra, seemingly 3rd party section above the brightness slider. Never seen that before. It should look like this ..Screenshot_20231101_095636_One UI Home.jpg
pantato
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Oh I see, but that section was showing up for me on the OneUI 5 as well, It's because I have 2 SIMs in my phone. It's the quick sim selector and I don't think it's third party.

Solution
pantato
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Okay, I can temporarily get around this by Disabling it from my Multi Sim Settings in the Quick Settings Edit, I don't use it too often for it to be a bother but, I wish Samsung had thoroughly tested this out.Screenshot_20231101_200119_One UI Home.jpg

bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
The scrolling issue also happens to me if I have a VPN enabled, and the keyboard is open or button navigation bar is enabled
0 Likes