Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The way Screen On Time (SOT) is calculated in OneUI 6 makes no sense

(Topic created: 10-31-2023 12:51 PM)
GoToNap
Constellation
Options
Discussions

So previously, when you went to get battery information, the screen on time would represent the actual SOT of your device since your last full charge.

Now, with OneUI 6, the screen on time is calculated based on the usage PER DAY. This means that this morning, when I unplugged my phone at 100% I already had 1 and a half hours of screen on time from the previous night, since I used it past 12:00AM. I see no way to change this back to the way it used to be and this makes no sense.

SOT can help in identifying malfunctions / apps that eat up too much battery all of a sudden. There are legitimate use cases and the data that the battery stats gave you had a meaning.

Now I'm told how many hours I've used by phone in a day. Like, what purpose does that serve? Digital Wellbeing has been part of Samsung phones for a while and provided this exact information.

This either needs to be changed back to how it was in OneUI 5, or we should at least be given an option to choose how SOT is calculated.

6 Replies
caveman4lif
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Don't have UI 6.0
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
OneUI6 has several notable regressions (looking at you, quick settings) that I have to assume are caused by Google tightening their grip on android phone manufacturers. The new battery menu is more or less lifted directly from the Google pixel and the new quick settings layout is basically a hybrid of the pixels and OneUI5, with zero respect to one handed use.
userV5du9bPdNc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Actually this isn't true,  pixels now show battery use since last charge.   There was a time during one of the releases this wasn't the case but with the user feedback, they quickly changed course.   It might be where they want to go and this is another way to get there,  I dunno,  but my pixel 7 on A14, still shows usage since last charge.  Samsung should fix this, I can't believe the beta testers didn't push back *smh*

Žilvinas
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Exactly, I feel you bro, no respect to users (specially one handed).

I just can't understand motive of a such decision. Why Samsung is killing feature that is still calculated in a code? That is still shown in system just splited by the days?

What have thought in there heads Samsung developers when they've desided to do it???

Shwetabh Kumar
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

Exactly, I was looking for the solution after update from one ui 6. Had this same complain. I don't think they are gonna fix as its not a bug its a feature. Any app recommendation for the same?

GoToNap
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I started using an app called Battery Guru.

The interface is super nice and it tells me more info than the standard battery stats ever did