Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

This does not look good

(Topic created: 09-10-2023 12:31 PM)
Options
Discussions

LTE and other beta participants: take a look at this article:

https://samlover.com/2023/08/29/breaking-one-ui-5-watch-stable-update-lands-on-samsung-galaxy-watch-...

The news in this article is strangely kind of stale now even though it is just 11 days old. But, there is some telling inset text dealing with the stable release. Notice the reference to the BT model only, and no reference to LTE anything (I believe we received a post from the "Beta Team" to this effect).  There is a reference to a final version, presumably the stable release, being distributed sequentially by way of the "approval process."

In other words fellow LTE users, don't  hold your breath in anticipation.  I don't  want to do it, but I think I'll just turn on auto update and hope I have enough battery when they finally decide to pony up the update.  I'm  an optimist, but there are limits. 

If anyone hears anything positive, please chime in with a new post.  Thanks. 

8 Replies
Options
Discussions

This Beta has and continues to behave like a runway train. It is absolutely ridiculous!

geemoney1240
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

right I just withdraw from it I mean dam ain't no one telling us nothing can't even look it up on the internet I mean just crazy 

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

If you have not done so do not withdraw from the beta. Check that article again. I think the beta channel may be providing instructions on how to apply the stable update when it finally arrives. 

Besides, effectively, withdrawing from the beta is not helpful as the beta is over and the last beta update will function until you get the stable update. 

Withdrawing at this point may complicate installing the stable, and we've had our share of complications. 

0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Discussions

I received the "stable update" on 9/1, but both the watch software and Samsung Health are still beta versions. I guess EVENTUALLY we will all get the actual OS?

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

Nitrate, was the update BT or LTE?  Glad you got it, regardless. 

0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Discussions

BT

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

Thanks Nitrate. 

Maybe we'll  see the LTE update this month. Such a shame.

Again, no reason to wait for carrier certification for beta people. The stable release should work as well as the beta releases did for LTE beta participants since all LTE other than Verizon could be a beta participant .  Pretty sure that the betas were not LTE carrier certified. 

Options
Discussions

Thanks

0 Likes