Options
Discussions
The touch screen is super laggy since installing the beta 
4 Replies
flagimor7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yeah, I've noticed that too, but only a tiny bit on my touchscreen.
Options
Discussions
I would assume that is a bug of some sort because I have noticed it the opposite, my phone screen response time is noticeably faster. Maybe you guys can try booting to recovery mode and clearing cache and repair apps. That could fix everything or it could do absolutely nothing. Also, have either of you used Galaxy app booster since updating to the beta? Because I feel like when I first updated, that first couple hours I did experience screen lag here and there but it did go away, I'm not sure if it's because I cleared cache and repaired apps or it was simply just because I just updated to an entirely new version of one UI and the phone was still working on processing the update. Lastly, make sure you have increase screen sensitivity on. If none of this helps, I would download Galaxy Max HZ, It's an app you can get from XDA in the S22 Ultra forum in the apps category. This will give you fine tuning control over screen refresh rate and the touch laggyness could be attributed to your screen refresh rate dropping to a very low hz and when you touch it, it takes some milliseconds for the phone to increase Hz back to whatever the max you have it set at is. Using this app you can control the minimum that the screen refresh rate drops to, I have mine set to 24 Hertz lowest rate but if I set it to 10 Hertz which is the stock lowest refresh rate, I get touch lag just like you guys are experiencing. I'm sure one of these options or all of them combined will solve your issues. Btw Galaxy Max Hertz is a paid app, it's not expensive at all and well worth its weight in gold. It already has support for the beta and the developer of the app is one of the best there is, he regularly updates and adds new features as well as fixes any problems if you report them to him. I got my lifetime membership back when I had my original z-fold so I've been using it for a long time now and I haven't regretted it once. There are other features of it too that are just helpful like automatically putting your phone into power save mode when you turn the screen off and the second you turn it back on power save mode turns off automatically which dramatically increases battery life and also it's main feature obviously is complete control over what refresh rate your phone uses and when. You can do custom refresh rates on a per app basis if you wanted but I just run it using a max of 120 Hertz and a min of 24hz. I find that's my best combination for my phone
0 Likes
BingoBango
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I noticed it as it was optimizing everything after install. How ever now it appears to be rather smooth.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes