Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

@userqv3zVv0iGO

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 12:53 PM)
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
The user @userqv3zVv0iGO is telling people that oneui 6 beta is very unstable and should not be used. Also the user states that placing the beta on your device voids warranty and the software may brick your device and youd be left with a paper weight.... THIS IS NOT TRUE!
I am a developer with AOSP (android open source project) and ive seen a lot of people scream what they really know nothing about. First off, oneui 6 beta is very stable, 2 it will NOT void your warranty and the chances of it bricking your device is very slim but should it do so, its a soft brick and can still be fixed by either Samsung smart switch or by Odin. 3 onui 6 is in beta meaning its a test/preview and we send back bug reports and info on our experience so samsung can iron out all the bugs and possibly add features and you dont need to be tech savvy to test this update. Should something go wrong, there are people at samsung and on XDA who can easily restore your device back to working order and in some cases can be done remotely. 
Happy testing everyone and lets keep a positive attitude, were here to test and make better.šŸ––

My device: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, US variant, XAA CSC Region 
11 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
You cant just sideload a rom from s23 ultra to the s23 or other devices for that matter, Each rom is device specific and must be ported for said device usually by a developer. Android is open source meaning anyone can take Android 14 and port it to their device via sideload or custom recovery. You can only do this on devices with unlocked bootloaders. Samsung takes the Android open source and builds their version of Android with it just as one would do with say Lineage os. It is not supported and voids warranty at the users risk ( key word, at the users risk) however with every rom comes a developer that maintains the rom where you get your support from usually on XDA or discord. I do not view this as a bad thing and is completely the same as what Samsung, att, htc or other manufacturers do with Android. Most of your sideload software comes debloated and actually runs better then the official but with every rom comes pros and cons. One example is that the camera can only process up to 12mp no matter what hardware you have or the battery life lasts significantly longer then that of official mainly due to the debloating of system installed apps that are not needed or used. šŸ––
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thanks for putting this out. Some may not know what to believe. I've done beta before, years ago I think on HTC.