Did you mean: 

Original topic:

webview dependent apps such as Gmail crash immediately

(Topic created: 11-01-2022 04:37 AM)
taksan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Last night, after an update of Android System Webview, webview dependent apps such as Gmail crash immediately.  I've gone through the troubleshooting, by uninstalling updates to webview, same with Chrome, disable chrome but the issue persists.  Any other suggestions?

TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Discussions
Unless you are a developer, there is not much you can do other than attack the file with your error report
0 Likes
eSudip
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I am having same issue with my Galaxy S22 Ultra, I cleared Cache and repaired Apps as well No Luck 

0 Likes
tavobarrios
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Same here. I found some information to go to settings then apps, then search for WebView, inside WebView to click in the three top right corner dots, then click on "uninstall updates".

Have anyone tried this?

0 Likes
nobumoto
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Same - cleared cache partition and repair apps.  No change.  I had uninstalled the updates to Webview the first time I cleared cache and repaired apps.  After no change, I updated Webview, cleared cache and repaired apps again - no change. 

nobumoto
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Yes I have tried that as well.  No luck with that solution

eSudip
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I twitted this issue also reported Developers in PlayStore, May be we can wait for an update or we may need to Factory reset our device and make sure that Beta is turned off in PlayStore for WebView. 

0 Likes
nobumoto
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I've also been in contact with the developers - so far only recommendation was to reboot.

0 Likes
eSudip
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

But reboot is not fixing the issue.

0 Likes
nobumoto
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Yes agree - reboot did not resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
eSudip
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Hopefully we may get and update in Beta again to fix this issue, Hence I rolled back and joined in for WebView Beta.

0 Likes