JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch continually restarts

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
DareD3vil
Constellation
Options
Questions
  • Since downloading the Beta software last night, my Watch 6 Classic has been stuck in a loop constantly restarting itself.  The restart loop has been so constant that even though the watch was on the charger all night, I woke up to the watch finishing a restart cycle and only at 50% battery.  Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @DareD3vil,

Thank you for your feedback. We are well aware of this issue, and Factory Data Reset is the best way to resolve this issue. 

Please try below steps to reset your device and proceed with the Beta software:

Note: Before you reset the device, please send a report to us, as it will help us analyze the issue more in depth.  (Phone > Galaxy Wearable app > Contact us > Error Report)

[Steps]

1) Hold down both buttons on watch until you see the watch resets and then shows the Samsung logo with "Rebooting...".
2) Click the Home & Back buttons twice repeatedly while screen is on "Samsung-Rebooting...". 
3) From the text menus, click the Home button (will scroll down) until you see "Recovery menu". 
4) Long press on the Home button until the menu changes to Recovery screen. 
5) Use the back button to scroll down to Factory reset. (Do not click Home Botton, as it will be "Select" option instead of scrolling down from step3)
6) Click the Home button to select Factory reset.
7) Use the back button to select yes > Click the Home button to activate it.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team 

View solution in context

8 Replies
NATRAPS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

If you perform a Factory reset that should fix this issue.

userKkcbsbjWy7
Constellation
Options
Questions

Exact same here. Installed overnight and now the watch reboots every 3 minutes or so.

RDE
Constellation
Options
Questions

Same thing. I'll try the reset

Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @DareD3vil,

Thank you for your feedback. We are well aware of this issue, and Factory Data Reset is the best way to resolve this issue. 

Please try below steps to reset your device and proceed with the Beta software:

Note: Before you reset the device, please send a report to us, as it will help us analyze the issue more in depth.  (Phone > Galaxy Wearable app > Contact us > Error Report)

[Steps]

1) Hold down both buttons on watch until you see the watch resets and then shows the Samsung logo with "Rebooting...".
2) Click the Home & Back buttons twice repeatedly while screen is on "Samsung-Rebooting...". 
3) From the text menus, click the Home button (will scroll down) until you see "Recovery menu". 
4) Long press on the Home button until the menu changes to Recovery screen. 
5) Use the back button to scroll down to Factory reset. (Do not click Home Botton, as it will be "Select" option instead of scrolling down from step3)
6) Click the Home button to select Factory reset.
7) Use the back button to select yes > Click the Home button to activate it.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team 

userRnORVGR5Qr
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Darn I wish I saw this to send a report.  It took forever to attempt the factory reset, because my watch looped every 5 to 10 minutes with each reset or tried to mess with any other settings to diagnose a fix !!

bbanks69
Constellation
Options
Questions

This worked for me I can use my watch. Now I have to check my apps. But at least I can actually see my time on my watch.

0 Likes
Rpierce2032
Galaxy
Options
Questions

This worked perfectly for the battery issue just fyi for anyone.

bbanks69
Constellation
Options
Questions

This is exactly what mine is doing. I am going to do the factory reset that they suggest 

0 Likes