JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Duplicate Text Messages AT&T Note20

(Topic created: 04-12-2021 12:22 PM)
Christie14
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Almost every text message I sent sends duplicate text messages. It's very annoying!

I also have issues where I don't receive group messages and can't send picture messages to certain people.

Overall very frustrating.  Had these types of problems with my Samsung Note 9 too!

15 Replies
Thatoneguy666
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Maybe you put the group chat messages on silent or mute and that's why your not getting any messages or you might just have bad internet. I'm not a pro but that's what I would go and look at. And if it's happened with your other phone maybe you should go check what your doing with your phone or get your phone updates or upgrades. I dont know.
0 Likes
jfeltz2483
Constellation
Options
Note20
I got the same issue for the last week. Some get sent 2 or 3 times. Anyone know how to fix this?
0 Likes
ResolvedLogic
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Same problem for me, duplicate text messages, happening frequently now, (edited) this is on a Note 20 Ultra.
Colecourtney29
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm having the same issue with my Ultra20. 

0 Likes
ResolvedLogic
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I forgot to mention in my first post I have a note 20 ultra as well, same issue. I filed a problem report with Samsung, hopefully they'll fix and patch it soon.
0 Likes
Colecourtney29
Constellation
Options
Note20

It was suggested by someone to shut off advanced messaging if you have it on. That seemed to work for mine. I think maybe the last update we had, has a glitch. Hopefully they fix it soon. 

0 Likes
ResolvedLogic
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I bet that's what happened, they broke something in the last update... Thanks for the tip, I'll try that.
0 Likes
usergJlGm3w9hS
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm having the same issue now for 3 weeks with my Note 20. And I'm on AT&T. 

0 Likes
Solution
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

do you have AT&T?  You would need to contact the carrier, I'm sure they know why it's sending duplicate messages, but text messaging issues would be carrier one not Samsung issue.