JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note20 SpeakerPhone Issue

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 05:47 AM)
78TaSteff
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have owned the Samsung Note ultra 20 for less than 24 hours and so far I'm unimpressed. My issue is that when I talk on speakerphone it seems like there's two speakers that the phone jumps between, one at the top of the phone and one at the bottom. I can't hear the other person I'm talking to no matter who it is and what type of device they're on it sounds like I'm talking to them in a library on the lowest setting or something. They are barely audible and I have to shove the phone against my ear to the point where I might as well not be on speakerphone but you can't hear them without putting it on speakerphone. Can anyone please explain this? I have restarted the phone and made sure it was updated. I do not have fingerprint scan on the device as I've read that can cause this issue. Please let me know something I would like to avoid having to return the device but my last experience with the Note 8 was very similar to this and I dealt with it for over a year wishing I would have returned it day one.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the audio being low while on speakerphone. There are a few things that can cause issues with the speaker while you are on call or listening to audio playback through your Galaxy phone. For example, there could be an external device where the audio is being redirected. It's also possible that a software problem or physical damage is causing the issue. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001255/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

8 Replies
nursepract
Explorer
Options
Note20
Did u buy it new from website or is it a used device?
0 Likes
78TaSteff
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I purchased the phone brand new from the T-Mobile store here locally
nursepract
Explorer
Options
Note20
Can u do me a favor and go into internal storage and see if any documents are dated prior to u getting the device? You paid for a new device correct? Also check and see the serial number and check the date of manufacture and see if serial number and imei match on box and phone please please please.
0 Likes
78TaSteff
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Everything matches and checks out to being legitimate.
nursepract
Explorer
Options
Note20
Did u search the internal storage to see if there were any documents in it from dates prior to you getting it?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the audio being low while on speakerphone. There are a few things that can cause issues with the speaker while you are on call or listening to audio playback through your Galaxy phone. For example, there could be an external device where the audio is being redirected. It's also possible that a software problem or physical damage is causing the issue. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001255/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

78TaSteff
Asteroid
Options
Note20
This was an issue without a case and no screen protector. I would like to ad that if the phone has an issue due to screen protectors or a case the phone should have been thought through a little more before putting it out to the public. Who is going to buy a 1200 phone and not put a case on it?
0 Likes
78TaSteff
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I recently called the tech support number and they had no idea how to troubleshoot it.