JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G with Android 11 WiFi issues

(Topic created: 01-02-2021 09:01 PM)
Mando4
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I just updated my Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (TMobile) to the latest android version, 11, and it seems that since the update I've been having issues with my WiFi. It says that I'm connected but no internet (wifi logo with the exclamation sign) to fix it, i have to turn off WiFi on the phone and then back on.
Anybody else having this same issue?
userD4YPgG00yr
Astronaut
Options
Note20
The disconnect/reconnect is absolutely ignorant. Samsung should fix it because it was fine before they messed it up.
ChicagoxMade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I did a factory reset after I got the android 11 update and I'm still have the wifi issues
Rodi19
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I am having the same issue. I did a factory reset today and it still continues. This started for me 2 software upgrades earlier. Arghhhh.. I have to disconnect wifi and connect again and this happens to me atleast 15 times a day.

Called Samsung today and they want me to send the ph in. Such a pain.
0 Likes
userdD3hLY2oNf
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I refused to factory reset my phone. It was perfectly fine before the andriod 11 update. Its the updates problem, not hardware. Samsung needs to fix this. Let's hope it gets resolved soon

0 Likes
userFFURw7rzo9
Constellation
Options
Note20
I turned off location completely and it seems to be better, but a terrible bandaid
0 Likes
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Bring up settings

Scroll down to "Location"

Look for "Google Location Accuracy"

Turn off. 

This will solve the problem. It will causes apps like camera to be upset and want location accuarcy turned on, but it does still work. Google Maps will still work but throws similar messages. Basically it means the phone can't use GPS, Mobile Data and Wifi combined for location. But it can still use GPS on it's own, just might take a few seconds longer to locate you. 

There is nothing stopping you turning it back on when needed when out and about and turning it off when back home on wifi. 

I also recomend you submit a report on Samsung Members and telling them this is what you have to do to fix it. The more that does it, the more Samsung have to act. Also on review sites, don't give 5 star review for the phone, give less and detail the problem. The more public it is, again Samsung will have to fix.

userdD3hLY2oNf
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I've tried this method, but the problem still persists....

0 Likes
userseqF5WL2IE
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I can confirm that doing two things will resolve Wi-Fi issues. Number one, disable randomized MAC under the SSID advanced settings. Number two, disable Google location accuracy.
userdD3hLY2oNf
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Anyone have any updates on the issue? I tried everything and it still exists for my note 20 ultra...come on samsung...get it fixed

0 Likes
userQVzqWsmJom
Constellation
Options
Note20

This issue started for me before the Android 11 update. WiFi worked fine when I got the phone at release in late August until around mid November. Turning off Google Location Accuracy,  and then toggling WiFi off and back on does put a band aid on the problem and get WiFi working again. I haven't had to change from Randomized MAC to get it working. It's still really annoying getting messages from many apps asking you to turn it back on. This has been a known issue for months and the fact that Samsung refuses to acknowledge it is straight GARBAGE! 

0 Likes