cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 20 Ultra had screen burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new barely 20 days Note 20 Ultra has screen burn in the shape of the window on its s-view flip cover. I can see the pinkish area on the right - and nothing I do removes it. 😡 i'm mad as he'll. Help!95E99D4D-6C9C-4639-B6F0-9C5627308BC1.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 20 Ultra had screen burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't heard anything else. But I ran on the same day I noticed this some app called StuckPixel Tool for about 2 hours CA39A99C-DF37-412A-BA9D-FC3D01D07303.jpeg

and I don't have this pink area anymore. At least I can't see it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There's been a few reports of this, supposedly the next software updates should fix it.
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
no software update will ever fix screen burn once your phone gets burned in its permanent the pixel have burned onto the screen the same way that old school cameras used to use bright lights to burn the image onto the Polaroid for example this is why I wish phones still had LCD screens OLED screens of any kind including AMOLED screens are known and have been known to still give screen burn-in issues. this is usually caused by people putting their screen timeout much higher than 30 seconds and leaving their screen brightness on 100% all the time the image has literally been burned onto the glass a software update is not going to remove a picture that has been permanently imprinted onto the glass you need to replace your screen now. doesn't just reflect it reflects as well and if an image is not moving or consistent and light constantly shines behind it it will reflact itself onto the whatever it is in front of it and eventually become permanent
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this is why TVs have standby screen protectors that come on after about 10 minutes of your TV being idle it's to protect your TV from whatever Channel you're watching being burned into its screen remember how your parents used to always yell at you and make sure you turned off the TV when you weren't watching it or playing a video game instead of leaving it on pause and going away for awhile while that's why
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wondering if you heard any more about this.  I've noticed the same pink discoloration on my phone in several areas.  No changes to the settings fix it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't heard anything else. But I ran on the same day I noticed this some app called StuckPixel Tool for about 2 hours CA39A99C-DF37-412A-BA9D-FC3D01D07303.jpeg

and I don't have this pink area anymore. At least I can't see it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took mine to a local uBreakIfix and they replaced the display under warranty.  New screen has no issues.  The worse was around the fingerprint sensor, but there was also discoloration at the top.  I've noticed the fingerprint sensor on the new display works a lot better.  Thanks for the info though.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phone.jpg