JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra 5g option missing

(Topic created: 08-25-2020 04:37 AM)
userLjl1C8NJy9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

When you buy a $1300 phone you would think that it would come withe everything. I love the device but I do not have 5G connectivity there is not an option in settings and also there is no wifi calling option on the phone at all. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

hello,

5G accessibility is based on carrier and location, carriers are slowly rolling out nationwide 5G. Some carriers require you to actually sign up for a 5G plan, so maybe call your carrier and see if that is the case. If you go into settings-connections- under WiFi, it should have the WiFi calling option listed. Also, there is an icon for it in the drop down notification panel. My icon was on the 3rd page next to the call & text on other devices button.

View solution in context

15 Replies
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

hello,

5G accessibility is based on carrier and location, carriers are slowly rolling out nationwide 5G. Some carriers require you to actually sign up for a 5G plan, so maybe call your carrier and see if that is the case. If you go into settings-connections- under WiFi, it should have the WiFi calling option listed. Also, there is an icon for it in the drop down notification panel. My icon was on the 3rd page next to the call & text on other devices button.

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

Here's the WiFi calling setting in Connection settingsHere's the WiFi calling setting in Connection settingsHere's the WiFi calling button in the quick panelHere's the WiFi calling button in the quick panel

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Note20

This may not appear if the OP bought an unlocked phone from samsung, and has AT&T as his carrier.  AT&T will not allow wifi calling from a manufacturer unlocked phone, but does support it on their carier locked model of the same phone.

This is just an example, other carriers might be similar.

0 Likes
IAMCANADIAN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

@userLjl1C8NJy9 wrote:
When you buy a $1300 phone you would think that it would come withe everything. I love the device but I do not have 5G connectivity there is not an option in settings and also there is no wifi calling option on the phone at all. Please help.

not sure if you're asking this but for network band options try this

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note20/Is-There-An-App-That-Can-Access-And-Control-Network-Modes...

userpQB4i3cOgD
Constellation
Options
Note20

my complaint with this phone is the fact that it will not connect to with my car (uconnect) and show my speed dial contacts. Android Auto doesn't even show up on my phone, it does in app settings just not as an actual app like it use too.. $1300 when my note 8 could do just as much

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Note20

Apps can be found in the Google Play, or the Galaxy Store

0 Likes
IAMCANADIAN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

@userpQB4i3cOgD wrote:
my complaint with this phone is the fact that it will not connect to with my car (uconnect) and show my speed dial contacts. Android Auto doesn't even show up on my phone, it does in app settings just not as an actual app like it use too.. $1300 when my note 8 could do just as much

This is just as much a dependency on the car software version as the the phone.

Ensure that the software is 'updated' enough to do what you're asking. My car is made 100% for apple and lazily for android. As a result it doesn't show contacts correctly/text messages or call controls.

0 Likes
Options
Note20

5g is based on where you live and on your carrier. if its not where you live or your carrier don't use it then you won't connect. when you do its automatic. but try to go under settings under mobile network and make sure that you tick box that says 2 3 4 5 g automatic. its top one on list

userapAwyKf6aa
Astronaut
Options
Note20

You're comment passes me off, there IS no option for 2g 3g 4g 5g for us, its just 2g 3g 4g. That's what this whole thread is about.