Original topic:

Note 20 ultra camera terrible

(Topic created: 09-02-2020 01:36 PM)
userTo6SJZUzCs
Constellation
Options
Note20

Got the new note 20 ultra and straight out the box I was very dissapointed with the camera quality. Almost took the phone back and went back to using my s10+.

I have taken some side by side comparison shots with the note 20 ultra and the s10+ and the results are far better on the S10+.

It would seem there is a lot of detail missing from the n20u with images looking blurry and undifined overall. Have taken multiple photos at different distances and have all been the same. 

Is there a fix or an update for this? And please don't tell me its because my camera is out of focus.... 

34 Replies
Dannyboi_1221
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I totally disagree with your comments on the quality of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g camera . I'm coming from a Note 8+ , Then a Note 10+ . Just got my new Note 20 Ultra and my first photo was of the full moon on 9/2/20 . Wow the zoom was so precise and the focus and high resolution actually captured the craters and true colors of the moon. I knew after seeing that first photo that I took with my New Galaxy Note 20 Ultra was mind blowing and truly took my breath away. I took the same photo of the moon with my Note 8+ and Note 10+ . You couldn't compare the precise quality of The Note 20 Ultra. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to own such a wonderful and smart device. Very Happy And Supportive Samsung Customer.
userTo6SJZUzCs
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thank you for your input dannyboi, but.....

My eyes don't lie and everybody I have shown these images to say that the s10+ looks a lot clearer. Forgetting the 108mp camera, this is based purely on the 12mp camera (even so the 108mp isn't much better). Are you using a snapdragon model? 

Very surprised for the price I paid for this phone it doesn't really seem like an upgrade and there are plenty of other customers reporting similar issues with the camera on the Note 20 Ultra. 

This camera setup is far from perfect as you suggest

Dannyboi_1221
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Then maybe the you need to have your eyes checked. as you age that sorta thing happens. technology improves as you age. good luck to you.
0 Likes
SacredC333
Astronaut
Options
Note20
it's pretty easy to tell if it's the camera or your eyes... I have the same problem with this phone. it's usually with any closeup photos, but not macro by any means.
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
userggVs4CdELA
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I don't typically take photos of the moon zoomed up.  Most of my potos are of family shots etc. and I find the quality of all the photos seem to be very washed out. This is not only my opinion as all the family say my photos are far worse than my old Samsung G7 Pro and the families iPhone 7 ultra (and we all had our glases on).

Very disappointed in the washed out over exposed photos. If anyone can advise what settings I may have to change to make them more natural I woudl appreaciate it.

Members_BJYfQ6h
Constellation
Options
Note20

I traded in a Note 9 and it was much easier to get sharp photo's of upclose objects. Here is one with my Note 20 Ultra. It's much more difficult to get excellent shots without really working at it. I've been disappointed with the camera as well and hoping that there will be an update to correct some of the issues.20201011_144233_Luminar4-edit.jpg

userTpPlyPVaSk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I'm having the same issue with my front facing camera esp. It looks like there's a weird tint on my photos. It does this on both natural lighting and incandescent lighting. I've compared this to Note 10+ and Note 8 camera quality is far better and natural on Note 10+ and even on Note 8. This is also reported on AndroidCentral, but it seems like there's no resolution to it. I'm returning mine.