JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Split Screen Requires Opening App for Edge Panel

(Topic created: 01-19-2021 07:51 AM)
WrightTechDave
Asteroid
Options
Note20

After updating to Android 11 on my Note 20 Ultra I noticed that even if have 2 apps open I am asked to select the second app from the Edge Panel. Whie I can do this it means that I cannot get to an app using the shortcuts I created on my home screen. I looked for a setting, but I cannot find anything on the subject. Anyone know why this may be happening and if I can configure it to do that.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open and App or 2
  2. Press the show active apps button
  3. Press the icon at the top of the app
  4. Notice that the Edge Panel opens with a note below the app saying to use the Apps Edge to select the second app. Screen shot attached.

Note that this happens with all apps..

SplitScreen_slectAppfrmAppEdge_210118.png

11 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
one UI 3 is premature and probably (just like new s21) will remain premature.
WrightTechDave
Asteroid
Options
Note20

OK, good answer, I can accept that (for now). Just hope Samsing fixes it soon as the old operation worked well and allowed for good productivety flow. This new way is very unproductive.

0 Likes
WrightTechDave
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Uh Duh, I already knew that. The point is that I have fodlers on my home screen to get to apps in an organized fashion without have to search or scroll through a long list of apps. It previously would show any other open apps and bring up my home so that I could open another app. Even if I return home and select another app from there it brings me back to that screen, very unproductive. Samsung needs to fix this on OneUI/Android 11 and make it the way it used to be.

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Note20

You could add the app to the Edge Panel so that it is there by default when launching split screen mode.  That way you do not have to scroll through every app on the device, at least as a temporary work around.

0 Likes
WrightTechDave
Asteroid
Options
Note20

You are missing the piont. I know how the panel works and for my case I would have to add about 10 apps to it as the apps I use in split screen changes regularly. The only solution is for Samsung to fix what is now broken in OneUI3.0/Android 11 to be how it worked before.

0 Likes
Alanp613
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I suppose you can disable edge screen if you have the shortcuts on your home screen, or add your frequently used apps on the edge screen also?
0 Likes
userCpioOhWTr5
Constellation
Options
Note20
That's not the answer to the problem in question, we used to be able to switch the bottom app as many times as we like without disturbing the top app by just pressing the recent button, and now when you press the recents or any other app the app pair will disappear like if it was one app all together..
0 Likes
Alanp613
Asteroid
Options
Note20
You can do app pairing where the next time you open the edge panel, the two apps you want opened as split screen will open up like that
0 Likes
WrightTechDave
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Off the mark. I never said this was the same apps everytime. The feature is broken and needs to be fixed to how it worked before OneUI3.0/Android 11