Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

After the beta is finished.

(Topic created: 08-21-2023 03:19 PM)
blackgoat
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Feel dumb but I can't find a definitive answer so, Once the beta is over and the final version is released, do I need to do anything to my watch in order to continue to receive updates moving forward or are the plug ins reset automatically?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GalaxyUser00
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Same as previous beta tests I expect that when beta is over Samsung pushes the "release" version of the watch plugin on phone and watch software as another update that resets it back from beta to the latest release version. And from there you will receive updates as they are released.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Questions

I get the impression from the sign up info that the transition to the final (non-beta) release will be transparent and is likely that it may be baked into the last beta installment. I really do not think that Samsung wants to sustain any "black eyes" as a result of an overly complex process to end the beta, particularly with all the bad blood over the number of GW4s that were "bricked" last fall as part of an update package. Some people are stressed enough over troubles with beta installs that went awry. I think Samsung will do every thing in its power to avoid POing the very people who are helping them by testing their beta software. 

0 Likes
Solution
GalaxyUser00
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Same as previous beta tests I expect that when beta is over Samsung pushes the "release" version of the watch plugin on phone and watch software as another update that resets it back from beta to the latest release version. And from there you will receive updates as they are released.

0 Likes
blackgoat
Asteroid
Options
Questions

That's the info I was looking for. Thanks! 

0 Likes