JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto not working after android 12 update

(Topic created: 12-03-2021 12:06 PM)
Aditya_P
Asteroid
Options
Questions
My mobile is note 10 plus and I updated to android 12 with beta program. I noticed that android auto not working when I connect the mobile to my 2020 odyssey. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Aditya_P
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I fixed the issue just now and it started working. The think you need to do after clearing the cache is that you need allow the prmission to communicate to near by devices option to set to "Allow" . Once I set that it started working as usual. I didn't done any factory reset or anything. Just clear the cache and do this step you should be good.

View solution in context

15 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
usersAiZ0YeIOU
Constellation
Options
Questions
I have same problem with my Note 10+ on Subaru Outback 2019 too after i installed One UI 4.0 Beta. I tried erasing partition cache as well. Android auto still doesn't work for me.
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
Try updating Android Auto. Just saw this update come through!SmartSelect_20211208-174448_Google Play Store_20688_1639014288.jpg
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
You can also try reset the settings
0 Likes
userapxxKWkdds
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I did a factory reset after installing the Android 12 beta on the Note 10+ and Android Auto doesn't work for me either. When you try to launch it manually it freezes on a white screen
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
Try updating Android Auto. Just saw this update come through right nowSmartSelect_20211208-174448_Google Play Store_20688_1639014288.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Aditya_P
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I fixed the issue just now and it started working. The think you need to do after clearing the cache is that you need allow the prmission to communicate to near by devices option to set to "Allow" . Once I set that it started working as usual. I didn't done any factory reset or anything. Just clear the cache and do this step you should be good.
userapxxKWkdds
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I can confirm this fixed the issue
CedBo738
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
How do you Allow permissions? In settings?
0 Likes