Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Beta Program

(Topic created: 09-02-2023 08:13 PM)
Options
Questions

How would I know that I'm no longer in the Beta Program I didn't get no update everyone saying they got?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Questions

According to AndroidCentral the build number is: R9xxXXU1BWH3. 

The last 4 characters are the important ones (BWH3).  The previous 8 characters are the model number of the device.

it was not clear whether this build number was for GW5s or GW4s as well. The deployment data is mostly for BT model GW5 watches. Reports of GW4 update deployment are anecdotal, and non-specific. 

Supposedly, you should not be able to re-enter the Beta forum if the device you registered for the Beta is updated.  Who knows for sure. I only know for sure that my GW4 has not been updated. I hope you can download it soon. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Options
Questions

According to AndroidCentral the build number is: R9xxXXU1BWH3. 

The last 4 characters are the important ones (BWH3).  The previous 8 characters are the model number of the device.

it was not clear whether this build number was for GW5s or GW4s as well. The deployment data is mostly for BT model GW5 watches. Reports of GW4 update deployment are anecdotal, and non-specific. 

Supposedly, you should not be able to re-enter the Beta forum if the device you registered for the Beta is updated.  Who knows for sure. I only know for sure that my GW4 has not been updated. I hope you can download it soon. 

nitrate
Halo
Options
Questions

I got the update and can still enter the forum. The update includes a message thanking you for participating in the beta program. This isn't a full blown release to the general public. 

0 Likes
Options
Questions

Well it is supposed to be the same Wear OS4.  Only a part of the general public participated in the beta. We, as beta participants, are not average users from the general public.  I would think that a "personallized" acknowledgement of such would be baked into any update bringing a known participant out of the beta. 

Members of the general public would be being updated from Wear OS3.5. We are being updated from Wear OS4 Beta. You end up in the same place, but you get there via different routes. The process should be expected to be slightly different. 

In the end you get a 1.7GB firmware update, and a 176MB Wearable app update and somehow Samsung Health Beta is either updated via the Store or its beta signature is modified to a Wear OS4 compliant release signature. 

Either way, it is a whoppingly big download, but we should all end up with the same Wear OS4. Otherwise this "merry-go-round" will never end. 

0 Likes
usergVlYqfOZO3
Asteroid
Options
Questions

I don't have this either: I'm stuck on the Beta One: 5 (40mm) and Galaxy Watch 5 (44mm) are receiving the update with firmware version numbers R900XXU1BWH3 and R910XXU1BWH3, respectively. My version is: R920XXU1ZWG7

0 Likes
Options
Questions

Well, if you are received updates with the last 4 characters being BWH3 - you  got the update on both devices. As you know, the first 8 characters correspond to the model number of that particular watch. 

0 Likes