Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta Rollback

(Topic created: 09-23-2023 10:22 AM)
mobster5
Constellation
Options
Questions

Hi, recently withdrew from the beta program and then downloaded samsung smart switch app on my mac. Connected my s23 ultra and it only gives me the option to backup or restore. I'm not getting the option to downgrade? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
youu
Comet
Options
Questions
Once you reach a certain beta, you can't anymore from what I remember the last 2 yr beta programs
mobster5
Constellation
Options
Questions

Thanks. Are you certain that is the case? So i just have to wait until the official release now and no way of downgrading? Thanks

0 Likes
youu
Comet
Options
Questions
Yeah, if it doesn't say rollback it's to late
0 Likes
Options
Questions
I believe you need to restore and it will download and install the latest official launched UI available which is 5.1.1. That must be the only way because if you restore, your beta should be gone.
Brandizzle20
Asteroid
Options
Questions
You can only go back if you downloaded samsung smartswitch on pc and did backup on pc before going into beta. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Samsung Members app and withdraw from the beta program.
2. Install Samsung Smart Switch on your PC and connect your phone with a data USB cable.
3. Fully backup your phone using Smart Switch onto your PC.
4. Go into settings and look for Auto Blocking. When you find it, it will appear to be turned off. But click to reveal two additional switches that are grayed out, but enabled. One of these blocks software from loading via USB and will screw you if you try to roll back the software without disabling it first. To do so, turn the main Auto blocking switch ON. Now the sub-switches will be accessible. Turn them OFF. Now, turn the main auto blocking switch back OFF.
5. Go back into Smart Switch on your PC and press "downgrade" leaving your phone connected to the PC via the USB data cable. It will take awhile, but now the phone will accept the 5.1 rollback and reset your phone. Once this process has completed, go back into Smart Switch and RESTORE your phone from the files you previously backed up to the PC.
0 Likes