Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta and carriers

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 08:53 AM)
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
If the phone is unlocked why does switching sim cards mess it up. Does it register the carrier or the device
9 Replies
Wizard5635
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
An unlocked phone should not have any problems when switching Sim cards. Just make sure you power it off and back on after the swap.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
So if I took my unlocked phone from Verizon to say cricket I should be fine
0 Likes
NotHughMahn
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I think it is because the phone, even being unlocked, has to download carrier-specific resources for it to work properly. I could be wrong.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
Some carriers have to activate the phone to switch the sim over to the new phone, unless your talking about the beta messing up with a different sim?
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
The beta messing up if I put in a different carrier sim card
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
I read that people would have to register the beta program again, they'd have to manually be put back in from a mod
0 Likes
Dingodown
Comet
Options
Questions
The beta is not available with all carriers.
0 Likes
useryOmVnoa38e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
It messed up on mine. I use T-Mobile as my primary carrier using the eSIM and Boost Mobile as the regular SIM for my secondary but was using the Boost Mobile SIM at the time. Now if I switch that SIM off I get a message saying One UI Beta features aren't available because I switched providers. I messaged the Beta Moderator account but still haven't heard back after a couple of days.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your registration for the Beta is tied to your device IMEI and your carrier.  Once you switch the mobile carrier, we would need to modify your registration to create a new pairing with your IMEI and your new carrier.  We are working to switch your registration from Verizon to Cricket and will have an update for you by morning.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes