cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 2 Pro - 24 bit - Samsung Seamless Codec.

(Topic created: 08-22-2022 10:12 AM)
PV2Omni
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Hello all,

My Buds 2 Pro, are coming this week. Since we are using the beta version, will an update be required to get the most out of of them? Or, will I be able to completely use them immediately? Thanks!
0 Likes
8 Replies
user5GFWIdLKEX
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I'm expecting mine too,. They should work.
Solution
Claykin
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Samsung seamless codec is said to be available on Galaxy devices running OneUI 4.0 and higher. So, it should be on your beta device but only Samsung truly knows. What I'm waiting for is Bluetooth LE Audio support. The Buds 2 Pro supports it, but when will the S22 series?
Captain Blackstar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
BT LE is part of Android 13. So for beta users, now.
0 Likes
Claykin
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I'm aware. What I'm not aware of is Samsung doing their part to activate it for the S22 hardware.
ign_denny
Constellation
Options
Questions

I am using Samsung S22 ultra however when using buds 2 Pro it is using Samsung scalable codec. Samsung seamless codec is not available for my S22 ultra. Any one from Samsung can advised how to enable Samsung Seamless Codec

PV2Omni
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I am guessing that you aren't in the Beta for One UI 5? Shown below, my Tab S7+ running UI 4.1, displays Samsung Scalable Codec. Yet still plays 24/48. On my S22 Ultra running Beta UI 5, it displays Samsung Seamless Codec. Also, at 24/48.

I'm thinking that they updated the backend, but forgot to change the name. They sound the same to me, listening to Tidal songs, or YouTube.SmartSelect_20220917_135148_Settings_1000000452_1663447919.jpgSmartSelect_20220917_134348_Settings_1000000451_1663447428.jpg
0 Likes
ign_denny
Constellation
Options
Questions

Hi @PV2Omni

Yes, I am not part of the beta users and running on One UI 4.1 in my S22 ultra. 

Thank you for your explanation, hope Samsung wil rectify the issue so user will not be confused. 

Best regards, 

Ign_denny

PV2Omni
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
You're welcome! I'm glad that I could help!
0 Likes