Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Custom icons in OneUI 6 beta?

(Topic created: 10-08-2023 09:22 AM)
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Am I correct in understanding that it is not possible to use anything but the stock icon pack in the stock launcher while OneUI is in beta?  And that once the beta is over, I can use something like Theme Park (?) to get 3rd party icons?  

Nothing against the stock icons really but I have never been totally happy with the "modern" flat / saturated appearance of the icons in the past several iterations of Android.  

18 Replies
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Can I ask what icon pack this is? Thank you 😊
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
It is called Cream Icon pack, from Google playstore. I used Theme Park pre-Beta to install it
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Thanks 😊
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
Really love that Twitter stayed as a bird
0 Likes
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Hmmm.... I poked around in the Home settings and found lots of free themes in the theme picker that do seem to work.  They all have their own take on the icons and I found one that looks interesting.  So maybe the icon situation is not as bleak as I thought it was.  

Pual

missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Hi! You just inspired me to revisit the icons from the Galaxy Theme store. I'm pleasantly surprised that my previously saved icons from years ago all seem to support more apps than before. This was why I had stopped using the Samsung ones, not enough apps were themed.
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Yes. This is the case. Prior to the beta, I downloaded many icon packs from Google Play store and applied them using Theme Park.
I've been rocking the default icons since the beta, but coloring them to match with the wallpaper in the settings.
I'm actually ok with this, but wish I could resize them.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
I just now discovered that I was able to access and apply my saved third party icons in the Samsung Galaxy Theme store. I originally compiled them in Theme Park, but they were all saved into the Theme store. Great news!
0 Likes