Did you mean: 

Original topic:

GPS while Screen Off

(Topic created: 09-09-2022 10:34 AM)
preskitt_man
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I had noticed and documented earlier that while GPS Voice Navigation is on and I turn off the screen, voice navigation would stop.  Further investigation and trial and error suggests that the problem is really with GPS turning off when the screen goes off.  Here's how I can easily replicate the problem.
1) From maps, set navigation to some location - and click Start
2) Phone will give me initial instructions
3) Turn off the screen - leave it off for 20 - 30 seconds
4) Turn the screen back on - There will be a message at the bottom of the screen saying Searching for GPS.  It finds GPS and resume normal operation.

And before you ask - Maps is un-optimized for battery. And Maps is set for High Accuracy.

This did not happen with One UI 4.1 (or earlier versions). Only started with One UI 5.0 beta (both first and second iterations).  Phone is S22+ on T-Mobile and locked.

I have reported this with logs to Samsung several times now, but they claim they don't see the problem.  Say I need to send a video (**bleep**!?) that illustrates the problem.

2 Replies
preskitt_man
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

More testing seems to indicate that this is related to Power Savings Mode being on.  

0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team