Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Pay

(Topic created: 08-11-2022 07:05 PM)
gyrlonfilm
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I bought my regular S22 a week ago. I just got around to setting up Google Pay. I have the beta on my phone. Unfortunately I am unable to set up Google Pay. I am getting a message that my phone is altered and Google Pay can't be set up. Has anyone else seen this or have been able to use/set up Google Pay with the beta? 
0 Likes
6 Replies
userOij7wzcNrR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
You can't use Google pay with the beta because it's not Google Play certified. You'll either have to roll back to android 12 or wait till the final version of One UI 5 is released.
0 Likes
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Questions
Mine was already set up prior to the beta but peer to peer payments still work through gpay. You just can't use the NFC/mobile/contactless payments because of what the guy above said.

Maybe try setting it up on another mobile device not running beta then try again on your s22.
0 Likes
MailmanRSO
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Contactless payment isn't something I use often, but this is ridiculous. Being on the ios beta never stopped me from using contactless payments. This shouldn't be an issue. It's not custom firmware, it's something provided by the manufacturer of the device.
0 Likes
Jeffrey777
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Try to use samsung pay for now it should work
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Samsung Pay/Wallet works fine in beta. And the reason iOS beta never stopped others from using contactless payments is because it's all belongs to Apple. Samsung and Google are two separate entities. Google decides how things work with their products.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore Google Pay and other secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes