cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

I joined the beta Everything worked, and then everything is fubar.

(Topic created: 07-13-2023 10:13 AM)
funva
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I joined the Galaxy beta watch 4 when it opened up come up probably a couple days after, and everything was working fine for some time. My Galaxy watch manager and the wearable app then started to crash and kept crashing. I thought it was the wearable app at first, so I uninstalled everything to do with the app and I reinstalled it. The app kept crashing. 

I then did a factory reset of the phone and reinstalled everything thinking that something may be corrupt, I did this after wiping the cache on the phone of course without any effect. Obviously I then thought it was a watch so I reset the watch. I first tried wiping the cache and then I tried wiping the phone. That did not work at all. 

When the Galaxy app/ wearable/manager apps see the phone it will ask to pair it and it will automatically install the apps if it's not installed. I've done this several times. It then loads down 113 MB of software. But it will not get past 10% loading the watch.

I tried going and calling the Samsung repair groups in my area but they all say that Samsung will not allow them to touch the watch because it has beta software on it and they don't have the firmware to put on it to restore it. I am at a loss what to do. I'm not sure why the apps keep crashing and won't load whatever is needed to be loaded onto the watch, I have sent dozens of crash reports to Samsung and no response.

Both the wearable app and the watch manager keeps crashing. Yes I've tried multiple times to uninstall, unpair, Factory reset, you name it. It just will not work.

They're really odd thing is when I get a phone call, it appears on the watch still even after it's been Factory reset. I know there's a way to get the firmware on here, and work it, as all the little settings when you go into the watch from recovery to force upload to whatever, all appear and can be accessed. I can access all the logs. The phone seems fine. The apps seem impossible to work with the phone.

I have tried this on two different Samsung phones with the exact same results. The Note 8 and the note 20.

I am at a loss, even call the number associated with best buy, and they checked with several stores who have Samsung technicians and they all claim they cannot help me. I am frustrated beyond belief because I rely upon the watch for everything including Medical stuff. I don't want to buy a new watch as this one is still working, it's just not syncing with the software that Samsung has pushed out. A Samsung software wearable anyway is from April I believe.
3 Replies
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
Questions
Sending crash reports is sadly zero guarantee of doing anything other than going into a system. It also doesn't guarantee the time to get a fix if Ƭt ever got fixed and would likely be months or longer.

This is beta. Beta has a much bigger chance of seeing issues. If you rely upon it for everything then never ever install beta.

Its also possible its just a coincidence. Its also possible for it to happen with regular updates.

ADB should be possible with the Galaxy Watch 4 as developers have to test apps on it and that might work or ODIN maybe if that's available then that might work. Some other way like those might past the issue.

Waiting might also work or might not.
0 Likes
funva
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I was finally able to set up the watch successfully using a third phone, but I can't transfer the phone to my Samsung Note 20 and if I reset it I'm in the same position I was at the beginning. It seems the problem is not to watch but the Galaxy wearable app or the Galaxy wearable manager and I'm not sure which.

This does make sense though because the watch and the phone were working perfectly and then they just simply stopped. I don't know what else I can do other than to completely do a factory reset on both though to reset the state to point where they should work, but they don't. It tries to load the watch data to the phone, and then crashes every time around 10%. One time it got to 30%, but then it crashed. I have tried this app, wearable to install the software on the watch, this at least literally a 125 to 200 times times so far. The definition of insanity right?
0 Likes
funva
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
But extraordinarily clean install of factory reset phone Samsung Note 20, and the installation of the software coming at the firmware but all the other stuff that gets installed when you first connect the phone to the watch, just dies out from anywhere from 2% to 20%. At least I got higher. However Samson keeps sending me this watch diagnostic on my members app, but no instructions on how to use it and I tried to connect it, and then it completely disappears from the members app. Not ideal. There's definitely a bug that is within the Galaxy wearable or Galaxy watch manager as I have connected every other type of Bluetooth device you can imagine to the phone and they all work.

Samsung if you are there please help. You have 100 or 200 error reports, several letters, screenshots and diagnostic information.
0 Likes