Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Stretched Time causes malfunction

(Topic created: Monday)
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions

I inadvertently caused the watch to reset after updating to the beta.

I had the Stretched Time watch face set as the default before resetting.

I restored from the back up I had after reset.

Now the stretched time watch face is malfunctioning. It go to a black screen and only shows the digital time in white numbers on a black background.

Is anyone else experiencing this!?!? 

I've done betas before and expect bugs. But want to know if anyone knows of a fix for this.

I've tried uninstalling from the phone,  from the watch, reinstalling the beta watch 4 manager, clearing cache partition of the phone and of the watch and a couple more resets as well.

Any help?

0 Likes
6 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Chef31684

Thank you for your feedback on "Stretched Time" Interface.

It seems that your Galaxy Manager Beta app is not syncing with the watch face, even after your multiple reset and clear cache attempts as below. 

Screenshot_20240702_095627_stretchindex.png

To help us better analyze your issue, please submit the error report to us:

Galaxy Wearable Beta app > Contact us > Error Report

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions

Error report submitted.

Weird that all other watch faces work fine.

I made sure Watch 4 Manager beta was updated too.

No fix.

Hopefully it will repair itself in the next beta build

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions

1000010916.png

ā€ƒI also found out that this watch face. The Pro Analog. Malfunctions when switching to Always on Display. It will flash for a second then go to the same number only digital clock as I posted before and the flash back. And then it keeps going back and forth till I raise my rest to show the time.

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions

Also the "Perpetual" watch face malfunctions when AOD is turned on as well just like the Pro Analog.

I've been trying to check every single stock watch face to see if I can get the Stretched Time to work. But it seems that most of "new" watch faces are buggy in some way.

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions

@USBetaModerator3 

After ensuring I update the Watch 4 Manager Beta properly, I tested the Stretched Time interface again.

It still did not work. So I did another reset, this time without restoring from a back up.

I have now tried every single stock watchface in the Wearable app and have concluded the following malfunctions and bugs exist:

ā€¢ Stretched Time: does not display and only displays plane digital time that flashes

ā€¢ Pro Analog: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash

ā€¢ Perpetual: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash

ā€¢ Fluid Time: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash. This one even caused a random restart

ā€¢ Flower Garden: will not install stating an error ā€œproblem connecting to the networkā€

ā€¢ Daily Activity Number: malfunctions when AOD is on and will flash

ā€¢ Kinetic Digits: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash

ā€¢ Sleep Coaching: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash

ā€¢ Gradient Number: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash the digital time only until woken up

ā€¢ Photo Sticker: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash

ā€¢ Pebbles: acts the same way as Stretched Time and wonā€™t even display. All it shows is the flashing digital time only

ā€¢ Funny Faces: malfunctions when AOD is turned on and will flash

ā€¦all other stock watch faces displayed in the Wearable app work and fuction as normal with or without AOD turned on.

Glad at least a couple of the watch faces I enjoy current work correctly. Will stick with those until there can be an update to fix these issues.

Please respond and let me know you received this. I will send this in error reports as well!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions

@USBetaModerator3 

Please see my reply below about all the stock watch faces that malfunction in various ways.

0 Likes