Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Touch sensitive AOD

(Topic created: Friday)
hlfway2anywhere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

The AOD is supposed to be touch sensitive without waking the display right? Because I can't swipe or tap anything without waking the display, even on beta 2. the AOD doesn't respond to anything.

0 Likes
5 Replies
scruffyjazz
Asteroid
Options
Questions

When you mean touch sensitive, you mean tapping the screen to wake up the display, correct?   There is setting in the display settings called touch screen to wake.  I think that has to be on if you want to wake the wake up even with AOD on.

0 Likes
hlfway2anywhere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

No. See my post below. Samsung describes one of the new features as "Always On Display is touch sensitive You can now tap or swipe directly without first waking up the screen"

In the demonstration it shows being able to tap directly on a complication without waking the display first. This is also how Apple Watch has worked for about 5 years. As described, I should be able to launch Weather, for example, without raising my wrist or tapping to wake first. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @hlfway2anywhere,

Thank you for your feedback.

As @scruffyjazz mentioned, if you go under Display settings, make sure "Always On Display" is turned on (which enables Touch screen to wake), along with any other wake-up options (Raise write to wake, Turn bezel to wake).

If problem still persists, please report the error back to us (Galaxy Wearable Beta app > Contact us > Error report). 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
hlfway2anywhere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Screenshot_20240628_170449_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

ā€ƒ

Screenshot_20240628_170518_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

none of the choices here describe what samsung is saying in the Whats New description, and none of them make it do that. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @hlfway2anywhere

Thank you again for your feedback and clarifying your issue (Swiping on screen does not open the message without waking it up even though AOD is on). 

We have delivered this issue to our developers, and they are looking into the logs for analysis. 

Please don't hesitate to report any issues on your end (Galaxy Wearable > Contact us > Error report) to help us understand these kinds of precious issues over the Beta program šŸ˜Š.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes