Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Withdraw from beta program

(Topic created: 08-22-2022 08:44 PM)
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I've been considering withdrawing from the beta program mainly because I've realized I'm not testing the full functionality of the new updates mentioned in the One UI 5 update. I'm mainly using my phone for what I usually do, just texting and occasionally scrolling through social media updates. I think I should give my spot to someone who is going to test out more functionalities but I'm torn, is the process to downgrade my phone going to be painstaking? 
0 Likes
7 Replies
CJ78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Food for thought.. as someone who used to run a QA team.. we needed folks like you because they need input from all types of users. What you "usually" do could uncover any number of things. We were all just sending texts when we found the RCS issues some people have experienced.
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Questions
For most users there really isn't much to report from this beta 1. Its been that good. Stick around.
Dragneel
Constellation
Options
Questions
I agree, its going smooth... But you never know
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I'll keep that in mind and stick around a bit longer. I just felt I've reported all that I could already. I think the constant reboots, SIM toggles on/off, and the MMS not downloading is starting to get to me though I know things could be much worse.
ThePsych
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I think the beta is unlimited spots anyways so don't worry about taking someone else's spot
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

If you still choose to withdraw from the program, please do the following:

You need to withdraw from the beta from Samsung Members -> Settings -> One UI Beta Program Status -> Withdraw. Then plug the phone into your PC, open up the PC version of smart Switch. Be sure to back up your phone since downgrading requires a factory reset. We recommend you try backing up your device and performing a master before moving back to Android 12.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userVp0G6iV0OF
Astronaut
Options
Questions

Except that method isn't working for a lot of people and we are being left in a position where we are stuck on beta! Informing people that they need to visit your 'local' Samsung store isn't an option for most people in the UK as you don't have many stores. This is a complete waste of time to them. Why not figure out the issue with Smart Switch so that we can downgrade back to the current version.

0 Likes