Did you mean: 

Original topic:

4k 24fps in stock video mode

(Topic created: 09-21-2022 12:52 PM)
Alex8oa
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Add the ability to record 4k 24fps in the regular video mode not just pro mode . Pro mode is nice but the ability to just open the video app and film in 4k 24fps would be nice .
12 Replies
Michael6969
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Who uses 24fps?
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I do. Movies are filmed at 24 FPS. When done correctly, it provides a cinematic look. Example that I did with my Note 9 a few years ago using Filmic Pro:

https://streamable.com/vpwmh
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Why not just change the frame rate on the video editor?
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
It's not the same thing. For example if you film in 30 FPS and then change it to 24 FPS in an editor, you're dropping (deleting) every 5th frame. So the end video ends up coming out stuttery.

Basically, filming in 24 FPS is not the same as exporting as 24 FPS from a different framerate.
0 Likes
Michael6969
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Looks good but I think people rarely use it. More for "pros" in pro mode
0 Likes
Alex8oa
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Definitely not just for pros , pretty standard feature for video
0 Likes
Alex8oa
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
@Michael6969 Practically everyone ..lol, movies are filmed at 24fps , it's the natural look oppose to 30fps , 60fps is used when you wanna slow footage down in post but a majority of the time filming at 24 is gonna give you better exposure because you can keep your shutter at a lower speed as well meaning better low light as well . Iphones can film at 24fps in the stock camera mode as we speak as well 🤷
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Agreed. Framerate and resolution should be separated/options expanded. I used to use Filmic Pro for this, but it doesn't have full access to the camera hardware compared to the native camera app.
Alex8oa
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Yeah i use pro video mode a lot for the 24 fps feature but it would be nice to have it in the stock video tab as well . Filmic pro is nice as well really great camera app .
0 Likes