Did you mean: 

Original topic:

AR Emoji in 3rd Party keyboards

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 08:13 AM)
Jus-X
Halo
Options
Suggestions
II’m a writer and do all of my work of Google Drive. When I don't have my computer or tablet on me, I write on my phone. The problem is if I'm using Samsung Keyboard, once the manuscript hits about 50k words, it lags like crazy. Gboard seems to be the only keyboard that doesn't lag in those situations, and also being a fan of AR Emoji, I hate having to continuously access settings to toggle the keyboards. And I’d rather not have to download the stickers.

If it's not possible to open up AR Emoji for other keyboards, I have a couple of suggestions that would make the experience better:

1) Make Samsung Keyboard less laggy when the document the user is working on grows in file size. (IDK what Gboard does to stay so, fluid, but mimic it, if possible.

2) Take a note from Gboard’s book and allow a long press on the space bar to switch between keyboards, limiting the steps one has to go through. With Samsung Keyboard enabled, you have to do pull down the notification shade, hit Input Method which takes you to Settings...blah blah blah room many steps.

3) Add an option in Bixby Routines in the “Then” section for switching keyboards, that way I can set it up to where when I accept Google Drive, then the keyboard will switch on its own.

I'd like to see one of these solutions in the next beta release. It's a real easy fix, if you can't open up AR Emoji to be used in 3rd Party keyboards.
6 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
1. I don't have a problem with lag. When I do often it's the application more than the keyboard. Do you have an example of an app and how many words it involves.
2. There is the option to switch without pulling the shade down. You can put a button on the lower left and just tap it and not hold a key down. I has the same number as steps at that point. Personally I like holding space for cursor control.

As for 3 they could possibly do that one.
Screenshot_20220827_215530_Samsung Members_1000000049_1661673330.jpgScreenshot_20220827_215046_Settings_1000000047_1661673047.jpgScreenshot_20220827_215323_Samsung Keyboard_1000000048_1661673203.jpg
0 Likes
Jus-X
Halo
Options
Suggestions
@Tiddbitty last I checked you can only use that symbol if you use buttons to navigate (which I use gestures.)
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I only use gestures. Check the photos again 🙂 try turning that on right there. Screenshot_20220828_032826_Settings_1000000057_1661693306.jpg
0 Likes
Jus-X
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Good call, I'll give that a try.
0 Likes
Jus-X
Halo
Options
Suggestions
And can't upload videos, so no. Can't give an example of the lag from a screen recording.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes