Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby Bar or "Dynamic Island"

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 07:26 AM)
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
 OKOK hear me out what if we had dynamic island but in the gesture bar or "BIXBY BAR"! Imagine you swipe up and the navigation bar turns red! But then you tap it only to open the voice recorder! Then it expands to show you controls to stop, pause, or listen to a voice recording!

Or what if your driving then the navigation bar expands to show you an arrow with miles next to it. 

Or your paying for something and use face unlock the navigation bar expands to show an animated face icon, but then after it verifies your face. The animated icon spins into a green check signal!

Same for the finger print sensor! The navigation bar expands to reach the finger print sensor. You tap your finger. The fingerprint icon then spins into a green check! It then shrinks back into the navigation bar!

Or you get a call and the name pops up at the top. You answer it, only for the speaker, and hang up button to go into the navigation bar! It then turns green. You tap the green navigation bar only for it to expand and show the call controls!

Let's say your setting a timer but then you swipe up to go home, you watch as the timer app shrinks into the navigation bar. You notice as the timer starts the navigation bar turns purple! It starts at the left gradually making its way to the right until the whole navigation bar is purple! Then your alarm goes off the navigation bar then expand to show you the dismiss and snooze buttons!

If your listening to music the navigation bar changes to the colors of the album art. It would also wiggle like the android 13 pixel media line, but it'll sync with the rythem of the beat

I also feel like bixby should be there! If you say "Bixby" the navigation bar turns blue then expand horizontally to fill the whole bottom! Then what ever you say would float a little above the blue bar. Kinda like Googles led bar for google assistant but blue!

Also try to do the Apple live activities but on the navigation bar! If there's a Uber then gradually make the bar another color until your ride gets there! 

Also when your on the lock screen make the bar float. And maybe put swipe to unlock above it.

Also make the bar more alive and make it full of animations! For example it I'm getting a call sync the bar with the vibrations. Or if my alarm it going off make it shake. Or I take a photo make it flash black then white. If I get a text make it change colors then when you tap it. The bar expands into the full app but from the bottom and not the default way. 

If I tap my phone on something with nfc the the navigation bar would ripple out like 6 ripples!

If you receive certain notifications it'll dance or wiggle or something.

Also make a setting to where it matches the screen it's on (but still very visible) 

If I put on galaxy buds or a set of galaxy HEADPHONES ; ) the navigation bar would expand to a mini pop up like the iPhone 14 or would expand to the traditional paired screen!

Idk maybe make it expand on notifications and show a bit of it. Or hold down and drag it to split screen or pop up view!

I love this way better than dynamic island because you won't hit your camera or have to reach all the way to the top just for simple controls!

8 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
That's also my concern about the front camera. Since our fingers have to touch around it, it will increase chances to leave fingerprints on selfie camera, need to clean it more often, and increase chances to get scratches.

Also I think making it a bar with integrating pop-up view (that I suggested to develop on it) would be a great idea because it could also be added to the tablets.
Godsend
Halo
Options
Suggestions
It's completely useless and Samsung should definitely not waste time on something like that but focus on core features. I'm sure in a week there will be plenty of 3rd party apps that will do something similar if that's what you really care about.
DiegoKaku
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Thank you for your suggestion, but I really hope nothing close to that to be implemented.
People should just stop asking for "iPhone features" and only suggest useful features
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Now you just want all the features showed on the Apple event to be on the Samsung.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
First off, the only necessary response to the dynamic bar is an expansion of mini-window to work with more apps and the ability to dock them in the notification shade.

Second, quite frankly these sound slower or more poorly thought out compared to currently implementations. Changing the context of the nav bar is a terrible idea. It seems to me like you're just interested in flashy animations. Why would I want to watch an animation of the nav bar expanding to create the fingerprint interface rather than just have it immediately pop up every time I have to log into my banking apps?

Let's take your phone call idea for example.
You have the call indicator and response buttons at the top, only for call navigation to move to a completely new location at the bottom, as opposed to appearing nearly in the notification shade and the middle of the screen when full screen. By placing it in the navigation bar, you now open the possibility of mispresses as well as forcing the user to remember the context of the navigation bar as opposed to knowing that the call controls are in the notification window because that's where everything already goes. Further, this entire UI paradigm is unavailable to anyone not using gesture bar navigation.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We will pass on your feedback to our usability team for review.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team

EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Again OMG! 🥹
0 Likes
useruSsA1waIPu
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions