Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bring a similar feature as "Dynamic Island" to the hole punch

(Topic created: 09-08-2022 07:22 PM)
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
We already have edge lighting so I was hoping you would build on that with goodlock since you used to have edge lighting plus as a goodlock app but removed it for some reason. Add it back and give us more options like changing the background color and adding features like music playback to the pill area. This would be great to see again. 
12 Replies
CalCorCol
Star
Options
Suggestions
Agreed! I'm not an Apple fan at all. But I'll admit The dynamic island is a feature I was amazed by. And it puts in perspective of all the swiping down for all our notification features.

Of course we don't want Apple features but it'd be nice if Samsung take a note and add thier touch.

I love my samsung!
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah same here. I don't mind companies stealing from each other though. I think that the notification bar will be less important if something like this is added which is overall a good thing since it's more easily available information at a glance.
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah, i loved it. It's next level, tbh.
DiegoKaku
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Hope not.
It's a notch, doesn't matter the name
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah but for us it wouldn't be a notch, it would be a hole punch that can dynamically switch to a pill or other shapes and it could be disabled if you don't want it just like everything else on Samsung phones.
bqooo
Comet
Options
Suggestions
u can't have dynamic island with horrible animations. that specific features require very smooth animations to make it blend with UI.
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes agreed. However, the animations for the edge lighting notifications are already in place and are smooth so it would require a few tweaks to change it to the hole punch "island" design but the framework is already there. I think that it will already be smoother than most parts of the UI but really we do need Samsung to heavily focus on animations as the top Android and phone maker in general there's no reason their animations should lack behind cheaper $300 chinese phones or even my $60 pixel 3. It's still crazy to me. How hard is it to make smooth and fluid animations. Everyone else seems to have it down packed so I don't know what's going on over at Samsung honestly.
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I think it's not a good idea to turn a punch hole into small pill around like the Dynamic Island and leave all spaces on the left and right.

I think it would be better if they redesign the whole status bar to make it more dynamic. They could call it "Adaptive Bar" (name yet to be decided). Again, the animations have to be smooth, otherwise it's just a meh feature.
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah and they could take the adaptive notifications at the top like volume Bluetooth nfc alarms and others and then move those into this area. Or like I said in my post they could make it more like apples implementation and add support for media, messages, directions, lyft/uber, and a whole bunch of other things. It really is something that has tons of potential and as someone that used to have iphones and now doesn't and really doesn't like them that much anymore, this is a must steal feature. I can see it being another thing that people "can't live without".