Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Cache

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 06:06 AM)
MRREEsE
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Can we have a clear cache for all apps toggle somewhere please, the optimize broom for device manager doesn't seem to clear everything properly even currently running apps, this is something that will help with performance, signal everything, can you all please check into something that will at least clear the cache for most used apps or frequently used apps at least
16 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Great Suggestion !!
buckeye47
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Good suggestion
AdricTW
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
And while they are at it, how about a clear system cache on next restart button. Or just do that automaticaly
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Like with the factory reset but just clear cache? I like it.
AdricTW
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I'd rather it just auto clear every time I restart, but some sort of button in settings would be great
Rjmjr69
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Wasn't this tried on many custom roms back in the day and it usually led to odd issues and crashing apps?
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes, but it wasn't done on stock roms or recoveries, so it was never determined if it was due to non-stock patching of code. Samsung has the blueprint so they're not piecing around making connections that might not match.
Rjmjr69
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I believe it was tried thru recovery "custom clockwork" and it would brake anything that was updating and secure apps did not like it either.
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Exactly. They could fix any of those issues easily