Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera doesn't open without unlock

(Topic created: 09-21-2022 01:01 PM)
RoyDashMe
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Previously I could double click my power button and the camera would open without any need to unlock. 

This is no longer possible 
13 Replies
userdCiF9M4kKK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Hi! I would check your phone's settings. I'm not seeing this - I double press the button, and camera comes right up. Check settings, advanced, side key settings.
0 Likes
Jdrudd2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Are you seeing this when the phone is locked or when you already have it UNLOCKED. Many of us call this feature when the phone is locked. I can confirm it's no longer working.
0 Likes
Nooby
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
For me the phone is locked and works with the camera all without unlocking my phone
0 Likes
RoyDashMe
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Checked side key settings already. Nothing that will allow me to open while locked
0 Likes
JeremyP14
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
Same. I tested this last night. A workaround for now is to Settings> lock screen> click lock screen> set camera in bottom Left or Right corner. You can swipe left or right to open it while locked. Not quite the same, but it is an option to quick launch without unlocking the device.
Jdrudd2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I am having the same problem. I frequently use the double-click power button function to open my camera. Now it is no longer working as it did before.
SpaceKvothe
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Same issue, was using it for years across different Samsung models, and now it's broken.
We need a fix for this...
Nhawk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Same issue on S21.
Communityuser12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I also vouch to get this feature back, I used it all the time, but now I have to unlock. I think there should at least be a toggle to turn this on or off.