Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Diagnostic Tool

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 07:41 PM)
ooferton
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Hello, the Diagnostic tools that come built in this system should be able to tell me or automatically do something if something in the testing is wrong. For example, if I click "No" when the camera quality is bad, it should either give me reccomendations or steps to fix it. Maybe also by fine tuning my settings? This should generally apply throughout the diagnostic tool. I'd also love for more detail if something were to go wrong. 
0 Likes
4 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I do believe the diagnostic tool your referring to tests the hardware of the device. As for quality of camera, there had been issue with low light software and currently samsung is not working on until their next project however, i did find that turning off auto FPS helps with the low light filter during videos. Back to the tool though, it tests to make sure the camera is working which is hardware, not if the quality is good enough. If you click no, then a bug report is generated in the background that can be sent to Samsung for diagnostic review. I dont know if quality is within that report or if its just the camera functionality. This report is different then the reports we send through the members app.
Options
Suggestions
"quality" is not included in the bug report as there is no way to quantify the quality. Quality is subjective and what looks great to one person may look average or bad to another. Bug reports show purely hardware specifications and the values of the software that's controlling that hardware.
Options
Suggestions
Except Samsung doesn't want you or any civilian to have any deeper access to your device than you have right now. There's a reason Samsung has zero presence in the rooting scene unless you have an international version using exynos. Also, these are not windows computers, diagnostics are extremely simple and limited to the average Joe. You're limited to clearing cache, clearing data, for the app and phone and a factory reset, that's it without any privilege escalation, which is impossible with the snapdragon.
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Not impossible but very difficult. Ues its true that snapdragon does not have OEM unlock in developer options and using adb command fastboot oem unlock has been blocked. But there is another way by using a flashable token generated by the devices CID code which is device specific. It has its limitations though. You can only flash it once, must be on bootloader 1, you cant update or upgrade or it relocks the bootloader permanently, its a paid service and not all devices have the token available. This information can be found over on XDA. The last device I was able to unlock with oem toggle was the A70 and the last i used a token on was the s21 base series. Custom roms have its limitations now as well. Volte does not work in cutom roms and in the US after 3g shutdown, you need 4g volte in order for the sim card to work. The camera is limited to 12mp. Its just not worth rooting a device these days other than to debloat and some minor tweeks.
0 Likes