Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dynamic Island

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 03:29 PM)
userkar1
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Samsung should learn from Apple specially the animation part. With iPhone 14 release and Dynamic Island expectations with S23. Samsung Samsung please please improve Animations
17 Replies
kyL397
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I feel like they'd need to at least get to Pixel level first lol.
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I think Apple needs to learn from Samsung too. What is the use of powerful processors when it cant even multitask. And even if you play games, almost all modern chipsets are powerful enough to play with no problems other than heat and power consumption. But I think Samsung needs to work more on the battery efficiency of current phones and the next gens.
bqooo
Comet
Options
Suggestions
correct, but IPhones has beaten android in sales in the US for the first time ever. which means that it's only a fraction of people use multitasking.
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Correct. One reason for this overall is because of their battery life, overall optimizations on apps that most people use, and branding. If Samsung can beat Apple in both battery life and UX(User Experience) and integrations with apps, it will be able to compete more with Apple.
0 Likes
bqooo
Comet
Options
Suggestions
agree 100%
0 Likes
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I really don't see the reason people rave about pixels in a SAMSUNG BETA FORUM. They are not that great. Very meh. Minimal, yes. Best in class? No.

As for the actual topic of this thread, it would have been cool to see something like the dynamic island integrated into the beta. The hole punch is annoying but, I guess we can justify it by the fact our notification bar is black 90% of the time.
I just think what Apple did with a hole punch they were stuck with (because gawd forbid a new device has thick bezels) is quite innovative.
Maybe..... We'll see something similar with the next OneUI beta.
Options
Suggestions
Because the differences between OneUI 1 and OneUI 5 are minimal

They did the same thing with TouchWiz, it looked basically the same until they switched to Samsung experience

And since the S10 Samsung has been scared to really do anything that isn't safe in the off chance they lose sales. The Z series is a glass experiment. But after the S10+ with the pill punch hole every S/Note have basically looked the same. Yes they've changed the camera housing a few times, the s22 ultra camera housing took major inspiration from the LG Velvet.
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I do think Samsung should implement something similar to the Dynamic Island as the Samsuns holepunch is smaller compared to Apples Pill
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I think the Dynamic Island looks cool but not sure if it will work with a small punch pole.

The most important thing for Samsung, in my opinion, is to fix and improve animations so that they are smooth enough before adding features that require a lot of animation like Dynamic Island.