Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google assistant draining battery life

(Topic created: yesterday)
DadTheChad
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions

Google assistant, without my permission or knowledge, will reinstall itself every night and irritates me because all it does is run in the background and destroy my battery life. I have Google assistant on my phone, which I rarely use as it is, the assistant for my watch is quite literally useless and just drains battery. There needs to be an option to permanently remove Google assistant from the watch. 

2 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Suggestions

There is. I have mine uninstalled/removed completely. It has to be uninstalled from the system partition. To do this, youll need some tools like bugjeager and enable developer options to unlock the bootloader, gain root, uninstall/ wipe google Assistant from the partition then unroot and relock bootloader. Instructions on how to do this is over on XDA as it cant be shown here, its frowned apon by Samsung. Ive been on Samsung about the assistant, they tell me is part of the o.s. because the o.s. is from google yet they modified and applied their twerks to the open sourced o.s. and disregard the warnings that google Assistant is spying on its users. I smell a lawsuit coming. Samsung should really make it an option to permanently remove google Assistant without having to go through root options before its too late. Js. 🖖

Another option is too uninstall the assistant update, disable play store auto update. This will prevent google Assistant from showing up but the con is that its still in the system partition.

Keep in mind that if you remove Assistant, it will be reinstalled during a system update, repeat the root steps to remove it again. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @DadTheChad,

Thank you for your feedback on Google Assistant. 

As @MarvinMod2 mentioned, you can set Google Assistant restriction by halting Google Updates from Play store (Disable Auto-Update) to factory version but cannot be removed completely (other than using developer options). This is due to several reasons (System Integration to run on Google OS, Google Ecosystem as many other Google apps are designed to work with, User Convenience, and Pre-Installed App Policy per Google) yet you can disable temporarily or root the watch (yet risks for bricking the device can cause other issues unless done correctly).

Regards,

One UI Beta Team