cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Improvements to sound staging (software)

(Topic created: 09-26-2022 11:27 AM)
Options
Suggestions
The Galaxy S22 Ultra is a great device. I'm coming from the S21 Ultra and one thing it seems this device doesn't compare on is the sound quality and sound staging. I'm not sure if this device is lacking a speaker or using different drivers of the sort, but you can definitely tell the difference in the sound quality on the S21 Ultra.

I'm wondering if there's a way that the staging can be changed on a level beyond what we have access to using the sound quality & control section to get rid of the tinniness, lack of low tones and separation that this device has compared to its predecessor.

Have you guys noticed this? Are you all experiencing the same? Is this something you all would want to see an improvement on? Feel free to share your feedback.
8 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I traded my S21U for the S22U back in April. I haven't noticed a major difference, but I can agree it does seem to be a bit more tinny...lacking a bit in depth.
Options
Suggestions
Thanks for your input. I still have mine and have done several side by side comparisons. Thanks for sharing. 😎
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Suggestions
The weird thing is that Dolby Atmos should make the music sound better, however I use Dolby in my studio to make music & this app makes the music sound terrible. They definitely need to work on that with Dolby because that is a big selling point for people in the music industry.
Options
Suggestions
I've had similar experience when using the device speakers. I'm hoping something can be done with the staging. Thanks for the feedback
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
The Note20 had to make sacrifices to the speaker due to the size of the S-pen, I imagine that the same thing is going on with the S22U
Options
Suggestions
Thanks for sharing
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

As this is the Beta forum, it would be helpful if you posted this suggestion/concern in the general S22 Samsung Members community.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Ok.. Thanks
0 Likes