Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Multiple Users

(Topic created: 08-15-2023 12:32 PM)
IST-Ai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Add the option to switch between multiple users (e.g. personal, work, or guest). I can do this on the Pixel 6. See image.

6 Replies
Zaquarius
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I believe this is a new feature in Android 14. Either way I definitely agree it would be a very nice feature to have
Pablomx2
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
This feature I believe has existed for quite a bit.

Samsung's version could be secure folder, since you can have different apps and different contacts list
Zaquarius
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Yes, but there are some key differences. You can only have one secure folder, and unlocking it doesn't switch out of your main "profile". Also you have to basically open your secure folder's app list manually, rather than having a separate home screen or whatever that you can customize, add widgets, etc. You can't really change settings in the secure folder separately from the main profile, and certain apps (specifically those that change settings let you customize navigation, etc) simply don't work in secure folder, lastly none of the secure folder apps or files are visible (or even have a way to make them visible) outside the secure folder (for instance you can't have any kind of shortcut to secure folder apps from outside of it). Trust me I have tried many
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

mindester
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Yeah this is not actually a bad idea because you can easily swap accounts that have separate apps and files which I see as a win in my book plus it helps with phone sharing
LexThoms
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I believe samsung had this option available during one ui 5.0 beta, however they disabled in the final version. I would really like to have this option as well.

If multiple users is not an option, then can we please have a complete solution to set our phones to a profile/mode specifically for work. I currently use "work mode" and island apk but it is not a complete solution since notifications and apps are still able to be opened when my phone is in this mode.

Having a separate user would allow my phone to operate in a way that apps and storage become isolated. This is important in the Healthcare field especially for hipaa regulations. Currently I have some apps open via secure folder, however I fear this solution is limited.