Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New Icons

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 02:41 PM)
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I feel like the new gallery, calendar, and my files app icons are kind of boring and out of place with the rest of the system apps, being a white background with icon over top rather than the whole tray being colored. They are kinda going the same route of the Google icons where all of them look the same at first glance rather than being able to quickly find them based on the color alone. Would it be possible to revert the design and tweak it to the new icon standards rather than just slapping them on a white background?

8 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
my entire family uses iPhone. every now and then, I need to try and help them with something on their phones. every time I grab one, it feels like I'm transported back to 12 years ago with the stale app icons Apple uses.

all that to say: it seems to me (based on simple observation) that Samsung is going to refresh their presentation every few years or so, just to keep things interesting. I just assume that and move on. 🤷
0 Likes
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Well if that's the case then why only do some of the icons? I get trying to stay fresh, but an icon over a white background is not fresh, it's uninspired.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I'm curious about that, too. makes more sense to change them all than just some. as to going the route of Google, it looks to me more like they're going the route of Microsoft apps. Google has all those different colors in each icon.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
That's why Google lock is helpful and themes. Samsung and Apple don't really change their icons
0 Likes
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I love GoodLock, trust me, but I like using original icons because I know it's going to be more consistent for where it applies frames and the icon size. Not every icon pack is going to have every single icon so it provides even more inconsistency than standard.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
You can use good lock to just change the colors. I did it but I went back to themes
0 Likes
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Except you can't change the background color for icons that have them set already, so I can't fix the issue of having an icon on a white background. I can only change the color of the icon itself.
In addition to that, some of the icons don't even take up the whole tray, meaning I would need to manually go in and fix each icon that didn't properly size as well. Also losing out on little features like the calendar showing day and clock showing the time in their icons.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes