Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Notification LED - Edge Lighting Feature Suggestion

(Topic created: 09-25-2023 08:45 PM)
l10
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I'd like to see some sort of replacement for the notification LED that used to be on older Samsung phones.

I think it would be really cool to have some sort of Edge Lighting+ module that can allow me to have a ring around the front facing camera blink different types of colors based on what app I have a notification from. I know about AOD, but I just want a blinking light like the older devices.

Something like the AODNotify app, but native and built into Samsung or even as a Good Lock module.

I have heard that this used to be a thing in Edge Lighting+ back in the S10 days, but apparently cannot install Edge Lighting+ Good Lock module on an S23 Ultra...
6 Replies
Dakuanb
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Edge Lighting + used to be on Galaxy phones with that feature called "black hole"(ring around the camera) before they made it fold-exclusive. Supposedly it'll return with Good Lock 6.0
l10
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Wow, that would be great news if that is true. That is exactly what I would be looking for.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

l10
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Wow awesome 😃! Thank you!!!
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes! I loved that function on the old Samsung version phones. Then you were able to glance at the phone without picking it up and seeing it blink knowing you had a notification around the camera hole.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
It's true, they're working on it :cat_face:
https://www.androidpolice.com/good-lock-overhaul-one-ui-6/
0 Likes