Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 5.0 Wishlist

(Topic created: 08-18-2022 01:06 PM)
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Suggestions
This beta is great when it comes to performance but there are many areas that have been neglected overtime and I think need a revamp. 
  • Widget Customization - most Samsung widgets seem dated. They can use a modernization, or at the very least, theming capabilities. The lockscreen widgets need some love.
  • More fluid, buttery smooth animations throughout the OS.
  • Fast Wireless Support for Third Party Chargers. I've used Samsung since the S6, and ever since the Note 7 fiasco, Samsung has been extremely diligent in avoiding any similar issue and since, I have never been able to use one. Even premium fast wireless chargers default to painfully slow speeds (some won'teven charge). 
  • Revamp Notification Shade. Not much to add here, everyone has suggested similar solutions and I'm still bitter that One UI hasn't revamped it in a long time. Even music widgets look dull.
  • New Unlock Animations. Many have suggested a new fingerprint animation, especially when unlocking from the AOD. 
  • Optional Bloatware. Now, I know this is a pie in the sky, and I've requested this since Android 6 beta in 2017 (Yup, I've been beta testing since then!). I understand that as a business move, this is a good way to increase ROI, but there many apps no one users that can't even be uninstalled. You want to load a FB, that's fine but if I don't want it, at least give me the choice to uninstall without using alternatives.
As usual, I don't mean to insult the great development team behind the One UI, this are, after all decisions made by executives sometimes, but I think Samsung still lags behind the competition in several areas, and I think it's ecosystem has a LOT of room for improvement. 

Again, love to you all, and thanks for the good work!✌🏻
6 Replies
Options
Suggestions
I agree, but the "buttery smooth animations" are already a thing with this version, it's so much more smooth for me, anyways. But yes if they can add more, I definitely encourage ot
0 Likes
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Suggestions
They're fast, and consistently lag-free in this beta, but not buttery smooth. Buttery smooth refers to fluidity, and the elegance of a transition.
kyL397
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree. Better than before but not buttery.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

user4SHClFLJqy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions

I think your suggestion are great and close to reality..

Samung should consider that a lot their dard core fans start moving to another options such as Pixels or even Oppo for their smoooth animation and software enhancement they do every year..Look and closely test Oxygen OS 13 their Contril centre and color palete are almost link stock A13 and they look awesome..Sammy needs to do something until its too late for them for damage control..I m using Sammy since s1 even I am thinking moving out to Pixele because of their software experience...

egor0128
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes I agree plain and simple