Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS/Chat features for Samsung Messages One UI 5.0

(Topic created: 09-18-2022 03:26 PM)
Options
Suggestions
Can we bring back RCS messaging support on the Samsung Messages Application on One UI 5.0?  

Older Galaxy S21 Ultra w/RCS support

Older Galaxy S21 Ultra w/RCS support

Here are some photos of a version that supported it, so I know it's possible. It's just a better messaging experience. 

Would you all like the same?? Please chime in and like the suggestion. 👍🏾
8 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
Unlocked phone?
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Yes, both are
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
Unlocked S22 Ultra Spectrum/Verizon works for me it's not Samsung doing it it is certain carriers will only use Google Messages and not Samsung
Options
Suggestions
The picture is of an unlocked S21 Ultra using Samsung messages, so... ??🤔🤔
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
https://thenextweb.com/news/samsung-google-messages-rcs-apple this will explain it to you a little better than I can
Options
Suggestions
Okay thanks
Options
Suggestions
Basically it supports it, but it depends on the carrier to support on their backend. So they set Google as the default messages application because Google uses their backend to deliver the RCS features that way it's more consistent for Galaxy users, regardless of the carrier. This giving a more consistent experience for the user.. got it
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.

As stated above by other users, RCS functionality is dependent on the service provider's decision.  However, your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. 
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team