Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS on Samsung Servers for Samsung Message app

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 03:23 PM)
George001
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Others with carrier-unlocked devices may have bitten the bullet and switched over to Google's Messages app to keep enjoying the RCS (i.e., chat) features, but I for one still prefer the Samsung Message app. I think Samsung should implement it's own RCS server that does not rely on carriers and can ensure universal access of RCS on all Samsung devices regardless of carrier. This is not really unheard of since we all know at least one device manufacturer who already does this.
Samsung can then implement added security features to messaging like end-to-end encryption instead of leaving its customers at the mercy of fickle carriers and Google's data-hungry business model. 

Also RCS is simply the most advanced messaging system of the day, but who knows what new messaging technologies will be coming down the road. Samsung developing its capabilities on this gives it a head start in implementing future messaging technologies. 
5 Replies
Teknician
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree. I only re-enabled Google Messages to troubleshoot the RCS feature, and I'll switch back to Sammy's. RCS would be nice.
Mantequillas
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yes, this would be great, especially having end to end encrypted messages.
RyanSr
Comet
Options
Suggestions
The Google messages app is pretty nice but there are nice things about the Samsung messages app too. I just installed a theme that works on the Samsung app but not Google's messaging app. Samsung needs to step up. The Google messaging app came pre-installed on my S22 Ultra on T-mobile. I with the Samsung messaging app had all the features that Google's has
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Suppersammy12
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Please consider this so all devices locked, unlocked, carrier independent. This was also brought up during the UI 4 and 4.1 betas but so far no progress seems to have been made on this.

Or if not possible what about releasing the ONE UI customized version of google messages for any newer devices say S10 or newer via the galaxy store. 

0 Likes