Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Removable pre-installed apps

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 07:11 AM)
Options
Suggestions
It's about time Samsung gives some respect to their loyal customers and make pre-installed apps that can be installed from the Samsung or play stores uninstallable by the user.  We don't need Samsung forcing us to have apps on our devices that are readily available to download if we do choose to do so.  You are taking away storage space that WE paid for and should be under our control.  Fine, you can place these apps on our devices but you don't have the right to block us from removing them.   Unless there's some imbedded functions of the app into Samsung's Android variant then that's understandable, but you best make the need known.  It's especially wrong if Samsung profits off of installing these apps through same sort of arrangement or financial kick-back.  I don't need 2 calendar, 2 clock, 2 keyboard, 2 messaging, 2 contacts apps installed...  This goes for your TVs as well. I don't use Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc... And they can't be removed.  They take up space for other apps I do want. TV storage is limited. 
18 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
But when you buy any electronic device, you agree to what these devices contains and what privileges you grant them. All smartphone makers do this.

If you have some technical ability or are able to follow technical instructions, some of these can be permanently removed without violating the agreement.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Just because everyone does something doesn't make it correct. They make enough money from selling the devices that they don't need to force us into accepting conditions we don't agree with. Soon class action laws suits will follow. Customer's are sick of it.
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
They do not force you, those are your words. You have a choice, don't agree to the terms and send back/don't purchase their phones, or find another hardware seller whose policies are less intrusive.

Welcome to capitalism!
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
disable them and move on...or buy a Pixel
Options
Suggestions
Not even the point...
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
it is entirely the point. this is like buying a Ram pickup and complaining that you can't get it with a Powerstroke diesel in it. want a Powerstroke? buy a Ford. you want Google apps because that's your ecosystem or preference? buy a Pixel.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I agree with the principle when it comes to 3rd party apps like Facebook etc. But when it comes to Samsung apps... I bought a Samsung device so I guess that comes with the territory
Options
Suggestions
But if I want to use the Google version of an app I should be able to uninstall the Samsung version. Sometimes the app cannot even be disabled and not only does it take up storage space, it uses up battery, cpu processing and RAM memory. What's the purpose of having 2 apps run on a phone that do the same job? If they won't let you uninstall an app the better let you completely disable it.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I agree with you, but every manufacturer does this.