Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Remove Secure Folder locked notification after powering on

(Topic created: 09-03-2022 07:56 AM)
nite2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Please remove this notification as it's a security risk.
13 Replies
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Elaborate a bit more, how is it a security risk?
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I don't see how it would be, it doesn't have to use the same pin to unlock the phone
rsfinsrq
Halo
Options
Suggestions
It's an advertisement that you have information/data valuable enough for you to add an extra layer of security. This may be enticing to a would be hacker. When you hide the secure folder, it should be hidden, including all notifications. Why have the option to hide the secure folder and then advertise it's existence via notification on reboot? Makes no sense.
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah, I'm not sure why it was added, but it should be removable once the user is notified. It's a good reminder that notifications will not display till the user unlocks the folder.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
It doesn't show at all until you unlock the phone, once the phone is unlocked it shows, if people are that scared tho, don't give anyone the unlock code for the phone then they aren't even going to know about the notification at all
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I get that its annoying but once logged in, the notification is gone
nite2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions

rsfinsrq -- you took the words out of my mouth! This is EXACTLY why it's a security risk. No Samsung, I do not wish to announce to everyone that gets my phone that I have a secure folder to hack into.

No, it's not a matter of just logging in to the Secure Folder every time I restart my phone. Android smartphones are true multitasking computers that run any number of processes in the background, which eats battery.

To achieve the best battery life, Samsung even recommends using their scheduled restart feature to clear your phone's memory and improve battery life. Herein, my phone regularly restarts and I need to take this extra step unnecessarily to clear the message.

As is mentioned below, I have no idea why Samsung added this notification as it did not exist in all prior Android versions. In the end, Samsung created an unnecessary step and I think it's only fair they should remove it.

rsfinsrq
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Got a message from the moderator so it has gotten their attention. Just hope they implement the change.
Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team
nite2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
@rsfinsrq you are a man among boys -- thank you!!