Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Standard Visual Voice-mail baked into One UI

(Topic created: 09-05-2023 02:19 PM)
Culverrd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
All android phones should have visual voice-mail baked into their phones or the option to use it. Apple has had it forever we need to have it baked into Android or start the move with One UI. I shouldn't have to download 3rd party apps like Voxist to have it. Let's get with the program and start the move towards it. 

this. 
10 Replies
Nurdo
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I was pretty sure it was already baked in. I have tmobile but I never downloaded a app for it, it was present in settings. It's not uninstallable, can only be disabled. This generally means it's system relatedScreenshot_20230905_142041_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Hmmm I have t-mobile too and I had to down load a T-Mobile app and if I'm not mistaken I pay a little extra for that
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
The One UI version of Visual Voice-mail is already here. You can see it on both the phone app and the apps screen.Screenshot_20230905_172020_Phone_1000001648_1693948877.pngScreenshot_20230905_172149_One UI Home_1000001649_1693948927.png
0 Likes
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Suggestions
Don't see it in either.
Searched phone app and system apps in settings. No dice!
DaddyDave2k
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Do you have an unlocked version?
0 Likes
Jay3578
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
I briefly had it on my S22 Ultra and but since I got my S23 ultra, I haven't been able to download it from the app store (it doesn't even show when I search the Galaxy Store)
0 Likes
Arh07
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I agree standards visual voice mailnaked
0 Likes
Nurdo
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Seems to be all over the board with whether people have it or do not. I have both tmobile vv, as well as the one included in one ui 6. Both are equally functional, though one ui 6 doesn't clear the notification as quickly as the proprietary tmobile one does. I don't pay for transcribed vm, so I'll stick to the one ui vm app as it's functionality appeared to be better overall
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
What they need to do is implement voicemail as a tab next to the contacts tab in the phone app rather than having a quick link that opens an entirely different app. It's a lazy design that needs to be replaced with the correct implementation that Apple and Google have done right on their phones for a long time now. If you want a perfect template to go off of, just use apple as your reference when implementing this feature. It's something that should've been done when one ui was first introduced. I saw many comments from iphone users saying how much they missed this feature and how it caused them to leave samsung and return to iphone so please add this for all of us.