Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The Ability to Reprogram Buttons

(Topic created: 09-19-2023 10:44 AM)
ooferton
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Similar to what Apple is doing with the action button, I think that the side buttons should be able to be set to do a different action. Double and maybe even triple tap should be a thing. For example, it can trigger a routine or an event, turn on and off do not disturb, activate certain hardware, turn on and off certain settings, and open applications. As well, consider air gestures that can also trigger events as well.
8 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Might want to try GoodLock >> Routines+, RegiStar app. These let you customize the side buttons

After installing Routunes+, you need to go to Settings >> Modes and Routines >> create a routineScreenshot_20230919_141724_Modes and Routines.jpgScreenshot_20230919_141653_Routines +.jpg
ooferton
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Thanks, I actually never knew this existed. Gotta try it out at some point
userIlmGqETe9f
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Interesting. Some of these advanced features should just be in the stock experience instead of in their additional apps. It's so hard to find or know about these things otherwise.
0 Likes
Jsinsmailliw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Our side keys are more customizable than iphones, just get the modules installed, register is a good addition too Screenshot_20230919_154859_RegiStar.jpg
46m3csl
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Which one are you using ?
0 Likes
Jsinsmailliw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I use Registar in goodlock
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userIlmGqETe9f
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Yes, I want to be able to map to an app specific action for both press and hold and double tap. I would love to map it to open a specific note for when I'm shopping, to create a note, google assistant, start an audio recording, etc.
0 Likes