cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

This is One UI 5.0 this is the 5th major OTA so go BIG change a bunch of stuff!

(Topic created: 09-09-2022 03:35 PM)
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
So I just had a chance to use a miui xiaomi phone. Those animations are so good I'm nearly convinced that Apple themselves worked on those please get the miui team on your animations but still make them your own! Those are the best Android animations I've seen ever! Especially when leaving and opening apps.

Also, FIX YOUR CAMERA APP! ITS TOO BUGGY! Shutter lag, laggy video, bad night video, over sharpend night portraits, ect.

10 Replies
manzoorboy06
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Sorry to tell you the bad news but it's not gonna happen. Samsung had a big opportunity to do many things with One UI 5.0 but they didn't. There are barely any design changes between One UI 4.0 and 5.0. When it comes to animations, Apple is miles ahead and will take Samsung years to get there. If you want a smoother UX experience Apple is a better choice without a doubt.
Options
Suggestions
Samsung will never improve animations or the UI in general because a lot of its fanbase is happy with what they have now. Even in this beta program, you can suggest new features or changes, and you'll instantly be shut down by the Samsung fanboys. They'll say "Samsung doesn't need to change anything...go buy an iPhone or a Pixel. "
Options
Suggestions
I agree that Xiaomi, has a fun OS.
Even though the s22u is a better phone, it's just boring compared to the Xiaomi I was lucky enough to try out for a week.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Increasingly convinced that a not insignificant number of very vocal people don't actually use their phones for anything but watching the animations.
Fancy animations are nice, but all I care about is how fast things can get done. As far as I'm concerned, the only purpose of an animation is to provide visual context and flair, but otherwise should get the **bleep** out of the way, that's why I leave them at .5x. The obsession with using up system resources and development time to make unnecessary animations when we should be calling for the development of new features and tools is absolutely beyond me.

Edit: Major agree on the camera though. They've been absolutely sitting still there for years in every way except zoom.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I use my device for productivity, news, communication. My S22U was nice and quick before the Beta, and may have slightly improved since. On the rare occasions I've had to help a family member with an iPhone or iPad, I'm reminded of how cluttered the UI is. Never mind that there's nothing remotely intuitive about Apple's UI, compared to Android or Windows.

Animations, haptics, and sounds are very helpful cues regarding what you're doing in any given moment. I focus on substance over form.

FWIW, I've had to use iPhone before and, as long as you don't mind having someone else (Apple) tell you how you're allowed to use your own property, it's great!
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Bro I love this comment! Especially the 2nd paragraph.
EliteArk
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Nah I just like slower smoother animations that's just me I usually set mine to 1.5 and it's smoother all across the board!

I have a post suggesting over +30 new features! Go check it out if you want.
0 Likes
Godsend
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I agree with this post 100% I have 2 S22Us and couldn't care less about the animations. Things like camera lag which impact actual use definitely need to be improved but making it look pretty should be Samsungs last priority imo. I want more features that actually let me do something in new and more convenient ways. Tasker and MacroDroid go a long way towards that though.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team