Did you mean: 

Original topic:

To better your experience on one UI stutter and lag free here what to do

(Topic created: 09-17-2022 10:03 AM)
BXyungsta
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I read an article stating that if you turn off the RAM plus it improves the performance on the s22 ultra after a year of having this issue with stutter and lag performance and after being in the one UI beta (needs to be on the beta to turn the feature off) i turned off the RAM plus feature and lord and behold that was the culprit in the poor performance this phone has had for the longest. After turning it completely off this phone runs flawlessly smooth and lag free performance. Samsung needs to troubleshoot shoot their devices and know what can hinder it's performance and after this I'm finally happy with this 🤳 phone.
9 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I don't have that issue on my s22 plus. I had an issue with Facebook messages last night
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
My Samsung Messages was acting up, kept saying unable to attach when I tried to send someone a picture
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
My Facebook messenger I had to uninstall and reinstall and Clear the cache just to get it to work
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I had to clear data, group chat still doesn't work tho for Samsung
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I'm not talking samsung messages
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I know this, was just saying your not the only one having some issues with apps, you said Facebook Messenger and I can see that
0 Likes
cory00
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Gonna try this on my s22 ultra. Hopefully it works. I have a good bit of lag on the lockscreen when dismissing notifications.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
This is something that all users should be aware of. Ram plus would be useful on a budget device with minimal ram. But the feature, by design, uses storage as virtual ram. The storage will always be slower performing than DDR5 ram. Don't use it if you don't need it (you do not).

There is also a flaw in the design of the feature. Ram plus automatically gets used if you have it turned on, it should only be used if you are running out of ram
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes